Chapter Forty

fun fun fun fun fun

Chapter Forty 

Normally, I'm indifferent to anyone who insults Inanis. I don't care about what they say, whether they say something vulgar to him or not, but the president had leaped across my moral line, and yet I'm still seething over his words, even though we had left the dinner hours ago.

When we returned to the house, Inanis immediately went to bed which is unlike him, as he normally waits for me. He didn't even go to the guest bedroom where I usually sleep, but our actual bedroom, which gives me the idea he's seething over the president's words too.

I do not know what to say to him, and I'm not sure if joining him in bed would be the wisest decision considering the weight of president's accusations, but still, I find myself walking up the stairs, and opening the door of the bedroom before I could stop myself.

Of all the terrible things Inanis has done and all the terrible things he certainly will do, I have to give it to him; he has never forced himself on me. I believe even he has boundaries.

Thank God.

I see Inanis sitting on the bed, his coat still on him, and he's staring at the wall looking lost in thought like always. I always wonder what his mind is constantly thinking of, but every time I ask he shrugs like even he doesn't know.

"Inanis." I say, but he doesn't look at me, so I move over until I'm in front of him, this makes him glance up at me.

"Not to hurt your nonexistent feelings, wife, but I'm am melancholy tonight therefore I'm going to be a bitch and tell you to get the fuck out, I prefer to wallow in my own despair alone."

"Hmm," I pretend to ponder that, "I'm recalling all the hundreds of times that I told you to leave me alone and you refused, therefore, no, now I'm definitely staying."

He narrows at me, but doesn't say anything because he knows I'm right, and that there is nothing he can do to kick me out.

I cross my arms, "So, why are you melancholy tonight?"

"I'm thinking about how I wish my mother miscarried."

I frown, "Don't joke like that, be serious."

"Fine. I'm thinking about how I regret not plunging a fork in Mr. President's throat."

"That would have been unfortunate."

"For everyone but me." There is a humorless smile on his face, and his eyes glide back to the wall distracted. I can't help but think it's my fault he's so lost in thought right now. If he had taken the pill, he'd most likely be numb to the events that occurred tonight. I've noticed that when he's angry, or when he's stressed out, he gets distracted more. Our dinner either pissed him off, or really freaked him out.

His foot is tapping sporadically on the floor, and I want to tell him to calm down but I don't think he can. Instead, I surprise myself by walking over to him until we are inches apart, and I take the collar of his coat, and began to pull it off him.

His eyes dart back to me, and a look of genuine shock is on his face, "What are you doing?"

"I'm taking your coat off before you pass out in it."

"I don't need you to baby me."

"I don't need you to tell me you don't need me."

"I don't need you."

"Yeah?" I throw the coat on the floor, "and I don't need you either."

He's frowning, "Then fucking leave."