Chapter Twenty-Eight

I was violently awoken by Inanis gripping my shoulders, shaking me into reality. He did it in such an urgent way, that I genuinely thought something was wrong.

I sat up, "What?" I asked suddenly, "What's wrong?"   

He stood tall, releasing his grip on me, "It's time to get up is what is wrong. Really, how did someone as lazy as you become the Bone Harvester of all ridiculous outcomes."

I frown, "You woke me up as though the building was on fire."

"Yes well, it will be if you don't get your lazy ass out of bed and get dressed before my impatience turns me into an arsonist."

"Haughty threat, but it is only seven in the morning, three hours of sleep is hardly enough for me to even stand, let alone function."

"How terribly unfortunate that you're going to have to do both."

I scowl at him, but he pretends to ignore it as he pulls on his gloves, "We have to leave in five minutes to head back to the stadium, if you're not ready in five minutes I will gut you and marry someone who knows what responsibility actually is."

"By all means," I tell him flatly, "Go ahead, that's not much of a loss for me."

Once again he ignores me as he spins fluently on his heel towards the door, "The clock is ticking, and my boredom is becoming too much to bear."

"How awful." I say, kicking the blankets off in a childish manner, I stand from the bed, and reluctantly grab an easy outfit to wear, since once I get to the stadium, they were going to force me back into the Bone Harvester's gown anyway.

I picked a small blue sweater and some jeans, despite it being the most basic outfit I could have chosen when there would be cameras all over me and Inanis, I kind of liked the idea of looking like I just got out of bed while Inanis look liked he just recovered from a photoshoot.

"Is that what you're going to wear?" Inanis asks, as he looks at the sweater and jeans that were in my hands, "Do I look like I shop at a charity store?"

"No," I said defiantly, "But I happen to love charity stores, and I am most certainly not you."

He sighed, "You really are a hopeless one."

"You made me this way." Really, I never was one to dress up, not even before I married Inanis. I just liked to insult him anyway.

"Whenever will the day come that you begin to take responsibilities for your own actions? I'm tired of being the blame, it's such a boring conversation."

I rolled my eyes, making sure he caught my physical move of sarcasm. I glanced around where I should get dressed. There was a bathroom, but because the hotel room was meant for a married couple, there was no door to it, so I saw no point in going in there to change when Inanis would look anyway.

"Turn your head, and don't look." I tell him, knowing full well he was going to look whether I told him to or not.

I pulled the shirt I was wearing over my head and dropped it to the floor. We're a married couple, and though I didn't like it, I don't think I cared whether he actually saw me naked or not.

It's not like everything he sees, he hasn't already touched before.

I stole a glance at him, and I could see he was shamelessly staring at me, well, my body that is. When my eyes caught his, he didn't bother to look away.

"You know," He said as his eyes fell back down to my shirtless torso, "I wouldn't object to you going out like that."

"Only you would prefer to have your wife strolling naked in public than in a cheap sweater and jeans."