|~Riptide~|

|~Author POV~|

The dazzling light faded, the fire crackled. The fields got consumed by raging flames, but no one cared.

The Soul Riders desperate eyes fixed on the two bodies within the smoke. One body rubbing their temples and groaning, the other laying motionless.

Luka took quick steps towards them, hoping the moving body belonged to [Y/N].

But it didn't.

Disbelieving and scared, he fell to his knees next to her. He turned her body around and his eyes filled up with water.

No cracks, eyes shut, lips parted. [Y/N] looked so peaceful, yet the mint/ocean/hazle [E/C] shine of her eyes will forever be gone.

[H/N] was the next one to walk up to [Y/N]. He/She nibbled her face, tugged on her clothes, everything to get a reaction, but nothing worked. A quiet, sorrowful and forlorn neigh rolled off [H/N]'s lips.

The Soul Riders gathered around the scene and Luka lifted [Y/N] onto his lap, pressing her head against his chest, quietly sobbing and tears dripping off his chin.

Lisa kneeled down, her lips trembling and firmly pressed together as she tried to keep her tears at bay.

Her shaking hand met [Y/N]'s hot forehead, her thumb gently rubbing over the dry skin.

"I'm sorry we couldn't save you..." Lisa breathed. "May Aideen safely guide you home..."

"They killed her..." Alex wept, clentching her fists till the point of shaking. Her eyes darted to Amber who was watching with an unreadable emotion in her eyes.

"You killed her!!" Alex shouted as she blindly charged towards Amber and sent her flying into the ancient tree with a thunder streak, it's strengh masking Alex' pain, everyone's pain.

All of a sudden Linda started to sway and collapsed into Lisa's arms.

"Linda!"

"I'm okay... I'm okay" Linda mumbled as she put pressure on her feet again, gripping onto Linda's shoulder for hold.

"The magic stops working..."

That's the last thing they needed. Linda injured, the Forgotten Fields burning down, [Y/N]'s death. Their fate turned against them.

Now Lisa broke into tears as well. One broke free, the others following like a riptide. It wasn't long until Linda lost it as well.

The sobbing sounds mixed with the pained whines of [H/N].

Above of it all, it started raining rivers. Enough to stop the fire, but not enough to extinguish the burning pain inside the hearts over losing [Y/N].

Alex kneeled down in front of Luka, reaching her hand out to cup [Y/N]'s cheek. She pulled it back before her hand made an impact with her face. It hurts too much. Instead, Alex' crying intensified.

"Could you guys stop crying...?"

Everybody froze at the soft mumble, their hearts beating fast and new hope blooming like a flower.

"I have a headache..."

With these words [Y/N] turned her body into a more comfortable position on Luka's lap and snuggled her head into his chest. A light smile formed on her face as her eyelids still rested on each other.

"I missed all of you..."

"[Y/N]!" Alex beamed as she bent down and hugged her tightly, [Y/N] wincing at the loud sound in her ears.