|~The Cruel Good~|

"Flashback"

Warning: This chapter contains violence! Also, many POV switches.

|~Your POV~|

The flames around you faded, the ground beneath you changed. Perplexed and frightened you looked around. You took glimpse of the riding arena and the smoke from the flames.

"You look confused, sweetheart"

A heavy shiver sprinted up and down your spine several times as you cringed at Darko calling you that.

You slowly rose to your feet, trying to not look like a scared prey, but you didn't do a good job at it. Darko smirked and raised an eyebrow. A devilish thing to witness.

"The mighty fifth Soul Rider in a state of numb fear. What a pleasant sight."

The knot in your stomach tightened, your legs barely holding your own weight.

"What do you want?" You finally choked out. You felt horrible for giving yourself away that weak in front of Darko, but all courage left you.

You're alone, without protection. The others don't know where you are and will probably take a while to find you.

"Shouldn't that be obvious?" Darko remarked, stepping closer to you. You desparetly tried to toughen your stance, but barely succeeded.

"Stay away" You demanded with wild beating heart.

"Do you know why I brought you here in the first place?" Darko questioned, seemingly trying to throw you off guard. Unfortunately, it worked.

"I just love seeing that scared look in your eyes." He grinned. "But it's time for you to go now"

Your face paled, your blood stopped running. Sparkling pearls of sweat on your forehead glimmered beneath the stars. Holding onto your last hopes for dear life, you clentched your fists.

"The girls won't allow that"

Darko started to laugh, loud enough to scare the birds off.

"You are all the same." He shook his head in disgust. "Strong together, weak and useless alone."

Darko came closer to you, his eyes violently piercing through yours. You could feel your lips trembling and your mouth becoming dry. Your fingers tickled as small electric sparks danced around them, soon turning into a full, weak glowing ball.

Driven by your fear, you smashed your fist into Darko's stomach. He barely moved, instead looked at you with a scathing gaze.

"Could you at least put up a real fight?"

Your eyes widened and before you could process anything, a torred flame hit you directly into your collarbone area. You felt the ground glide away from under your feet and heard a loud crack as you powerfully hit a tree, internally screaming as you slided it down in a sitting position.

The stirred up dust cleared the air again and unexpectedly Darko stood in front of you.

You gasped when he abruptly shot down and put his hand around your throat, not choking you, but putting light pressure on your neck. Insinctively, you wrapped your hands around Darko's wrist.

"Or perhaps you like being in that position?"

Witnessing Darko's sick smirk again made you almost drive over the edge. You desperately tried to keep your last meal inside your stomach.

The thing you never wanted to happen, happened. Something salty touched the corners of your lips and partly got in your mouth. You were crying.

|~Darko POV~|