|~Back To The Circus~|

Your heart froze over. Was he about to...?

"[Y/N] [L/N], I love you." Luka confessed. "I loved you from the first moment I saw your silhouette in Greendale." He looked up and warmly smiled at you, putting his hand over yours.

"You're brave, funny, smart and the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Everytime I see you I feel my heart flutter and the only thing I see is your beauty, and your voice... it's the sweetest I've ever heard in my life" Luka chuckled, averting his gaze from yours.

Silence filled the room. The situation made you forget every single word you ever knew. You like him, you really do.. but not like that.

"However," Luka sighed, taking the courage to look into your eyes. "I know your heart belongs to someone else"

"You... do?"

"Judging by the way you and Ydris look at each other" He smirked.

Your breathing hitched and your eyes grew several sizes.

"W-What do you mean?"

Great job [Y/N]. Now he TOTALLY suspects nothing. Idiot.

"[Y/N], stop pretending" Luka's voice grew rather stern as well as his features. You let your gaze fall to the ground. He's right, it's useless to deny the truth now.

"Please don't tell anyone..."

"I won't" Warm hands rested on your cheeks and lifted your head. "Just promise me to be careful, okay?"

Relief washed over your body and you looked at Luka with thankful eyes, nodding.

Luka leaned forward and placed a small, hesitant kiss on the tip of your nose before standing up, beginning to walk out. Just as he was about to open the door, he turned around.

"Want me to help you sneek out tonight?"

After a brief moment of thinking, you came to the conclusion that it's finally time to face Ydris again.

"Definitely"

Luka smiled and nodded before leaving the room, leaving you alone with one thought.

Are my feelings for Ydris still the same...?

--Time Skip--

"You're insane" [H/N] grunted as the two of you just exited the Hollow Woods.

"Please, don't start with tha-"

"I mean because it's literally a zero degree december night."

Unwillingly, a smile crept onto your features as you patted [H/N]'s neck and lightly giggled.

Finally you arrived at Nilmers Highland and soon enough you saw the purple tent. Your heart was pounding as you wondered where Ydris might be. You're sure he is sane enough to not stand outside.

As you arrived at the meadow, two smaller tents caught your attention. You dismounted [H/N] and carefully approached them with your horse follwing like a lost puppy.

Zee emerged from one of the tents with a neigh. She trotted right towards you and you froze, not knowing what to do.

Zee sniffed your clothes with caution before she went to sniff your face with a surprised expression on her features.

Does she recognize me? You wondered. Zee stepped back and you took this oppertunity to stroke her face. It's been so long...