Surviving the impossible

It was Valentine's Day and while Kara and Sasha were spending the day with their children and husbands, neither of them realized they would soon be sharing the same struggles.

In one place Kara was watching Star Wars with Ryan and baby James and Oliver. Enjoying each others company as Ryan worked on some coin rings for his site.

Meanwhile Sasha was at home with Dodger, Thor and Bella watching Chris be a goofball. She also started singing random love songs for her baby and her family.

All of a sudden as if simultaneously occurring, Kara grabbed her waist in horrible pain. Sasha did the same at her house. Both ladies crying out in agony. It was almost like the twin thing. When one feels pain the other does too.

Moments later, Ryan ran into Chris in the emergency department. They asked each other "Why are you here?"

Chris did his best to hold back tears "Sasha started bleeding. Too much for it to be anything but bad news."

Ryan, the not so emotional guy said "Kara had the same thing today. I don't know how it could possibly turn into a positive thing."

Chris sat in the waiting room while Sasha underwent emergency surgery to stop the bleeding. Kara had been in the next operating room over undergoing the same procedure.

The doctor came back to Ryan then half a second another talked to Chris and at the same exact moment they heard "I am so sorry to tell you this. She lost her baby."

Both in terrible shock they hugged it out for a moment before talking to their distraught wives. Chris did not bring up the fact that she never listened to the doctors orders this time. He had not done so either. He given into her every single time. He was equally to blame, if anyone was to blame for this.

Ryan did not understand how his baby was gone as they had done everything right. Was he being punished for something? Was Sasha being punished? Chris and Ryan knew they had a terribly hard road in front of them. They had to work together to fix things with Sasha and Kara. Both women wanted to be alone and sleep all the time.

Three months after the dual miscarriage, Chris invited them over for a cookout. Ryan share a beer with him as Sasha and Kara held their kids and watched the dogs play. Both women thought about what life would be like if they had not lost the babies. Which only saddened them terribly and that put a strain on how Chris and Ryan handled the situation. They stopped drinking for the time being and took over being dads. Bella and James were so adorable when they played together and Ryan had his thought again... 'Maybe one day...'

Chris noticed the tears flowing down the cheeks of Sasha's beautiful face... He did not speak a single word but wrapped his arms around her tightly and kissed her salty tear stained cheeks. Ryan did not want to ignore his wife so when he noticed her crying he did the same. All four of them sitting there commiserating the loss of their unborn babies. Knowing it was truly a miscarriage and with new laws in place across the country they were safe from any prosecution.

Suddenly that night Chris and Ryan found themselves comforting their wives in a way they did not expect. Conceiving more children on Mother's Day.

~~~~~

The anniversary of losing the babies was the day Kara and Sasha were rushed to the hospital to give birth in neighboring rooms. Ryan came out of the room to see Chris. Chris had his little boy and Ryan had his little girl. Sasha named him Christopher Robin Evans. While Kara named her daughter Hannah Mei Paevey-Vlieger.

They shared a birthday, hospital, birth moment, and their parents were close friends. Sasha told her husband "Can you bring me in her room so we can see each others baby?"

Chris lifted her into a chair and wheeled her next door. She was holding her son while Kara held her daughter. Bella walked in with them and said in her cutest little mumbling voice "Baby Brother."

Everyone in the room awed at her little comment. James said in a similar cute fashion "Baby sister."

Kara and Sasha gushed at how cute their kids were. Even more when James gave Bella a hug. It was the cutest thing they had ever seen and Ryan thought 'Is my kid going to make us family and not just friends?'

Tbc...

Does little James like Bella at such a young age?

Is Bella just being nice because they are young kids?

Will Chris & Hannah grow close like Bella & James?