Perseverance

Song for this chapter "I Don't Want To Live Forever" Zayn & Taylor Swift

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my Soul to keep,
If I should die before I 'wake,
I pray the Lord my Soul to take."

As Lorraine

I now realize that love is never easy. Everyday is still a struggle for me to try to stay away from Roland. It has been exactly one week that I have not talked to him. One week might seem like not too long for most people, but for me it feels like a year. I stopped taking his calls and I ignored all his texts. Lucas told me he dropped by one night but I wasn't home. I am not ready to face nor talk to him just yet. I am afraid if I see him now, he will talk his way back into my life. Knowing Roland he always gets who he wants or what he wants but I refuse to be one of his many conquests. I am better than all those women. I am Lorraine Fowler.

I still have two more weeks of summer vacation before heading back to school. Shane and I finally stopped avoiding each other. We both have a mutual understanding where we stand in each other's life. I tell him who knows what the future holds, anything is possible. Roland is damn right, I am twenty and I am going to live my life to the fullest. That is how it should be.

French boy and I have a date. Okay it's not a date but we are going to spend the day together while everyone else is busy at work. And the best way to make a girl feel better is to dress up and look beautiful.

I wanted to go to NoMad LA rooftop cafe and I told Lucas he would need to look the part as my hot date

I know exactly why Kyle is in love with him. Lucas' parents are flying over for Christmas this year. They are going to meet Kyle finally and I know they will absolutely fall in love with my brother, who wouldn't. Thinking about Kyle and Lucas always warms my heart. If only love is pure and simple like theirs, it would make this world a much happier place.

We got to the restaurant around 1:00 pm.