A Kiss

Song for this chapter "Little Do You Know" Alex & Sierra

As Shane

When Rain left for her trip to meet with Claud, I was somewhat worried. I know Rain was in love with him before he was kidnapped. Now she is traveling across the world to meet up with him somewhere special, I have to admit I am a bit jealous. I also feel uneasy with the notion of her in Cairo Egypt with Claud, it is after all such a romantic place for couples. I am over at Carrier's place right now, she is making us dinner. Carrie is a very good cook and she knows it. I watch her as she cooks "You remember back in college, you used me as your guinea pig trying different food you make?"

  I watch her as she cooks "You remember back in college, you used me as your guinea pig trying different food you make?"

She laughs "Yea... but you liked it. You always liked my cooking." I nod "Yea but I packed on a few pounds." I can feel her gaze on me "But your body was always bangin'. I cock my head to the left and tease her "So you have been checking out my body." Her face turns bright red "Whatever, you know what I mean."

After dinner we decide to watch a movie on Netflix. She picks a romantic comedy since I have no preference. She opens a bottle of red wine and dims the light "This is better." We are on the couch sitting so close together. There was a part of the movie that was super funny and as we were both laughing, our face became only inches apart. We suddenly stopped laughing to look deep into each other's eyes and we kissed. Our kiss was urgent and aggressive, I can feel I have a hard-on. I pulled away so fast "I'm so sorry." I grabbed my jacket and got out of the door so fast. I think to myself what the fuck am I doing? I just kissed another girl. How could I do this to Rain? I am hating myself so much right now. I got back so fast to my place and I called Rain. She picks up within seconds "Hey Shaney. What are you doing?" My heart is beating so fast "I love you Rain so much." She giggles "I love you too Shaney. What are you doing? Aren't you hanging out with Carrie?" I feel so fucking guilty "No... I mean I did. I was at her place for dinner but I came back early. " I can hear some music in the background and so I ask her what she is up to. She tells me she is watching a live dance show. I apologized "Sorry. I'll let you go. I miss you." She gives me a kiss over the phone "I miss you too. See you soon." After we hung up I went to take a shower to clear my head. How can I hangout with Carrier again? We kissed. Did she kiss me first? Or did I kiss her? Why did this even happen.

As Carrie

The kiss with Shane earlier just happened. It is not intentional and I can tell he wanted it as much as I do. I don't know why he has to run off so fast. I mean I know he has a girlfriend but if he has no feelings for me, he wouldn't have kissed me. The more we hangout, the strong is my feeling for him. He's such a great guy and I am hoping that maybe... just maybe Lorraine would be with Claud again. Shane told me when Lorraine was leaving for her trip that he was somewhat worried. After all, Claud and Lorraine almost got married before he disappeared. Even though it has been two years since they have seen each other, some feelings just never die. Just look at me, I still have feelings for Shane all these years. It's been well over eight years already and when I ran into Shane again that day, I still have butterflies in my stomach. I pick up my phone to call him but no answer. I text him "Hey why did you run out on me? Is everything okay?" He responds "I'm sorry Carrie. That was so wrong." I know he's referring to our kiss. I don't want him to feel awkward so I write "Hey it's okay. It was just a kiss. Don't worry about it." I waited another few minutes before his text came "I just don't want any misunderstanding between us. I like you Carrie... as a friend." I can feel my tears are starting to fall "Of course. I'm one of the boys. Don't worry Shane... we are cool." I am so sad and so disappointed. I know he loves Lorraine but I can feel that kiss means something. I have a feeling that he is in denial of his feelings for me. Over the past months of hanging out with him , I know something is there between us. He's so attentive and he pays attention to everything I tell him. He remembers all the little things about me and his body language. He would drape his arm around my shoulder and give me a squeeze. And the way he kissed me earlier was with passion. I hope he is not going to stop hanging out with me because of what happened. Even if he doesn't want to be more than friends with me, I still want to be able to see him. Knowing how he is, he will probably want to avoid me.