Heart 2 Heart

Song for this chapter "Thinking Out Loud" Ed Sheeran

As Lorraine

That night after Shane told me about his kiss with Carrie, it made me think harder about our relationship. The thing is, he is trying so hard to avoid Carrie. I ask him why and he tells me they don't have to hangout. I of course told Lucas about what was going on and Lucas said to me "Ma Belle it's time you sit down and have a heart to heart talk with Shane." I know French boy is right "You are right. We really need to talk." He puts both hands on each side of my shoulders "Just keep in mind if Shane doesn't have feelings for Carrie, there would be no need for him to avoid Carrie. Unless he knows there is something there and he is afraid... Because you know... He doesn't want to hurt you." Let me tell you I felt a little squeeze on my heart when Lucas said that "So you mean he is hiding his feelings for Carrie because he has to be with me." He looks at me "You know Shane loves you ma Belle. But maybe it is not that kind of love for a lover." I wipe away a tear "I got it. Thanks French boy. I knew you could always make me see things clearer." He strokes the top of my head "Keep your chin up keep your heart strong and keep smiling ma Belle."

I called Shane and told him I would be waiting for him tonight... At the entertainment room. The reason being this room was where everything began. I know I should be nervous but I am not. I want Shane to be happy. I want both of us to be happy. I am ready for our talk as I wait for him in the entertainment room.

 I am ready for our talk as I wait for him in the entertainment room

Shane comes walking in at 7 PM.

He comes over and gives me a hug

He comes over and gives me a hug. After the hug we sat down and he smiled "So what did you want to talk to me about Rain?" I took his hand in mine "Okay Shaney let me speak first." He nods "Sure." I look deep into his eyes as I begin "Shaney I know you have feelings for Carrie. You have been avoiding her because you are afraid you will do me wrong. Because we are together and you don't want to hurt me. I know you love me but you don't love me like that... Like a lover. And I love you too Shaney... But more like a family. We both have given each other a chance and we both tried. I think it's time you and I both find our true happiness. I know we will always love and have each other. We are family Shaney and always will be." I know I am starting to cry because no matter what this is very hard for me. I can see tears in Shane's eyes too "Rain... I love you. It hurts a lot because the love I have for you is very real. Maybe we have been confused with the love we have for each other. But I just don't want to let go of 'us'. I don't know what else to say Rain." I wipe the tears on Shane's face "You don't have to say anything Shaney. Just remember you will always have me. This is not a breakup Shaney... It's a beginning of our long lasting love. We know exactly where we stand and nobody can take away the love we have for each other." He pulls me into his arms "I love you Rain and thank you." I sniffle "Now go find your Carrie. Don't wait."