Training Day 2

Emily Cushing POV

I walk around the training station and come across an explosion station. It has explosive rocks and land mine studying cause you don't want to blow up the room. So I walk in and put on a glove to protect my hands from the rocks so I pick one up and throw it at a mannequin's head and it blows up with a big 'pop' sound.

"Your good." says a voice to my left.

I turn around to see it's the girl from District 13, Grace Jaroz. Her fuzzy brownish red hair with white highlights catch my eye. She seems to be calm, obviously not knowing where we are.

"Thanks. You do explosive rocks?" I say shyly considering the fact I'm from District 8.

"Yeah but in more into land mines. I was a nuclear weapons maker and graphite miner. My dad was also a graphite miner. My brother is a weapon tester and nuclear engineer. And my big sister was a healer and so was my mom. What were you?" she asks me in a clear voice.

"A weaver." I say embarrassed.

"And your family?" she asks like she's not impressed.

"My dad was a factory worker but sometimes a doctor. And my mom was a designer."

"Cool so why are you into explosive rocks?"

"Well I threw rocks a lot back home cause people in my district never really train for the games. So I threw rocks." I say embarrassed out of my mind.

"Ok that's weird but I think your cool do you wanna be allies?" she asks me.

"You want me to be in your alliance? But I'm from 8."

"I know but it doesn't matter where you're from it's what you are." She says.

"Ok I'm glad to be in an alliance with someone." I say and we continue throwing the rocks. I'm still embarrassed.

Grace Jaroz POV

This girl is crazy and she's also vulnerable. So that means I could probably kill her. Maybe in the middle of the games. I can't wait for these games. I can't wait for the bloodbath. I almost want to smile but I have to act like I'm scared even though I volunteered.

"So what's our plan for the games?" Emily asks.

"Umm we should try to stick with survival and later we go to weapons." I say regretting what I said because I want to get my hands on the weapons.

"Ok so where do we go?"

"How about you go to the traps and snares station, and I go to the poisonous and non-poisonous station."

"Ok see ya!" she says walking away kindly making me want to kill her even more.

Henry Arnall POV

I look at the racks of tridents. I see one that looks like mine from home.

I pick it up and see the boy from District 8 walk into the simulator. His name is Griffin Martin.

Then shortly after, Charlie Minor, the boy from District 9, walks in and grabs a black trident with three long silver blades. He walks to the man shaped targets and throws it. It lands on the right side of the stomach.

Once Griffin is done, I run into the simulator, trident is hand, ready to fight. And then the lights dim.

Griffin Martin POV

I walk out of the simulator and sit down. My heart is pumping faster than normal and my head feels hot. I might have fever.

"What are you doing? Get up!" a peacekeeper yells at me.