Day 4 Pt. 2

Lydia Polley POV

I'm afraid the Capitol know me and Clay, our little love for each other is fake. It doesn't matter. Right now, what matters is that I need to try my best to win this thing. I tighten my axe and run for the newbies. Their jackets say a number on them. Their districts. Two of them swim to the careers and one of them swims over to me. She's tall. She has a dagger in her right hand and a vial of poison in the other. I can tell it's poison from the skull picture on it.

"Your Lydia. Aren't you?" she asks, breathing heavily.

"Yes?" I say confused and unaware of what she's about to do.

"I'm sorry." She says.

"Sorry about what?"

"Sorry for this!" she says and kicks me in the gut and I fall back, dropping my axe.

"No!" I scream.

She gets on top of me and has me completely locked to the roof of a cement building. Her right foot is on my left wrist. The other leg she used to lock my legs both, her left hand holding a knife and pinning my right arm to the roof. Her right hand now holds the poison vial. Crap. She injects me with it.

"Sorry the last person you'll see is my face and not Clay's." See says. "Any last words?" she grins.

"Yes, before I die, I want to know the name of my killer." I spit.

"Maya. Maya Sutriasa. Can you forgive me? I have no choice but to play the games." Maya says with a sorrowful voice. I believe her and nod for I can't speak. The light in the sky turns into a glowing light and then-

Clay Lawhead POV

BOOM!

I turn to see the new tribute killed Lydia. I may have been acting for the cameras but I have to admit. I will miss her. Other than the fact she thought I was eight and used me for supplies, she was nice.

The flood is going down. Finally. Matthew is in front of me, not knowing I'm behind him. He jumps into the water and as the water is slowly coming down I wait four minutes to make sure he won't come back. The water is now ground level. I climb down and walk the direction he did.

After walking for about five minutes, I see him talking to Summer. She sees me and I freeze.

"Crap." I yell.

Matthew runs up and throws a knife at me. I sidestep it and throw a spear at him. He doesn't have enough time to do anything. And then the spear hits his stomach. He gasps and falls to the ground. Barely breathing.

"No!" Summer screams in anger and throws a knife at me. The knife hits my stomach as well. I feel it deep in my gut. Then I remember Lydia. I remember all I've been through back in District 7, with my family, with her back home, with her in these Games. I'm not gonna miss her cause I'll be with her soon.

Summer Harris POV

BOOM!

Clay's dead.

"Matthew! You'll be fine. Alright?" I say.

"No. No I'm not." Matthew splutters, blood dripping from his lips. I feel so bad for him. He tried to saved me. I come back. Then, I tried to save him.

"Win this thing for District Two." he smiles.

"I will." I say. He then lies there in the middle of a street. Breathing heavily. Then nothing.

BOOM!

Matthew's dead. I look up in the sky to see the faces of the dead.

Deaths of Day 4:

District 2

Matthew Everett

District 7

Clay Lawhead

District 7

Lydia Polley

District 8

Emily Cushing