Day 3 Pt. 1

Frances Powell POV

I load an arrow. I was on watch last night. The whole alliance split up to see if we can kill more people. Wright and Tricia went a certain direction. Tricia died. I don't know how or why but I'll avenge her. She was my best friend.

Anyway, Wright and Tricia went one way. Emily and I went one way. Grace didn't want to leave Emily but she wanted to go with Robert more for some reason. Matthew and Summer went a different direction. So were split up into four groups of two but now it seems that Wright is alone somewhere.

"Attention tributes!" says the voice of Rusty. The head Game-maker. "Deadly Flood in three minutes! Get to high ground!" I think quickly. I can swim sense I'm from Four. I feel water soaking my boots. There are still some a buildings that haven't fallen from the earthquake. I climb on some rocks and make my way to a window. I open it and run up the stairs. I make it to the roof and see Emily wasn't behind me. She's still down on the rocks, trying to climb. I know we Careers were planning to kill her, but we've grown up over the last few days.

The water is leveling higher. She can't swim. I jump off of the roof, into the water with no fear. I swim over to Emily. She's all I have left ever sense the group split. I grab her arm and tug on it. She's floating now but just barely. I still swim back to the building tugging her along with me. We get into the window, up the stairs, and get on the roof.

I see Grace and Robert get up on a roof not a few buildings away. There are only 14 people left so everyone is is going to turn on people eventually. Matthew and Summer get on another building. I see Wright swimming towards me but he doesn't have anything. Not a pack, no weapon. I could take him.

The water rises and he begins to slowly get higher up to us. I reach out my hand out saying were still in an alliance. Once he's on the roof with us, he takes a dagger out of his back pocket.

"Good thing I kept a back-up." he says. I smile.

"Who else is out there?" Emily asks.

"Max, Andrea, Ivie, Kelly, Clay, Lydia, and Claire." I say. "By the way, umm what happened to Tricia?" I add regretting it.

"Claire stabbed her with her sickle." Wright says angry he couldn't save her, or avenge her.

On the other side of the water on the buildings I see Andrea holding her spears. She helps up Kelly. Then Clay, Lydia, and Ivie come up from behind them. Lydia waves her hands in a joking way and I get mad. Kelly is over there. I'm gonna avenge Henry if it's the last thing I do!

Kelly Fairbanks POV

The water finally stops right the beginning of the roofs. All that stands is a piece of the monument and the rooftops.

"Guys we should split up." Lydia says.

"Why?" Clay asks.

"You idiot. If we split up, we might have a shot at killing the careers." Lydia states.

"Ok." he says.

I turn to look one way and see that the roofs are close together. Maybe we could jump across them. I run one direction and hop to another roof. The building I'm on is long so I run as fast as possible heading towards the careers. Risking everything. I stop, look up and see Frances loading an arrow. She aims at me and fires. I am far enough to jump into the water escaping in safety. Climb up the roof and another arrow is coming at me. But it's not coming from Frances, it's coming from Claire. I sidestep the arrow and get ready to fight to the death.

Max Gonzalez POV

It's no use. My flint and steel won't work cause of the water. I finally got to a roof but it's right by Summer and Matthew's roof. Summer starts to run at me. I have two daggers I can use to protect myself. I throw my flint and steel at Summer and it hits her in the face. Now she's angry.

I hear a growl come from behind me. A mutant dog jumps on my back and I stab it in the gut. It falls off but then another mutation comes at me. A poisonous plant slashes it's leaf at me. Another wrapped me in a vine. I'm slowly starting to choke. Not breath. I feel like an anaconda is strangling me. My ribs are breaking. At first I feel an enormous amount of pain and then nothing.

Matthew Everett POV

BOOM!

Summer just threw a knife at Max to take him out of his misery while being strangled by a mutant plant. She looks back at me and I smile in excitement. I run to another roof and hop on another Summer is right behind me. Claire shoots an arrow at me and I sidestep it. I throw a knife and a star at her. The knife lands in her stomach and the star ends in her chest. She falls to the ground lifeless.

BOOM!

I turn around waiting to see Summer's reaction but I'm afraid I'll never see another one of her reactions again, for Claire's arrow, when I dodged it, landed in Summer's lower chest. She drops her knives and falls backwards. I catch her and bring her slowly down, back on the roof, eyes facing the starless sunset sky. She focuses on the sky and how beautiful it looks.

"Good Luck." she says and dazes off into an eternal sleep. I take her knives and dump her pack out, put all her supplies with mine and throw her empty bag off to the side, sinking into the light blue water.

BOOM!

"I'll try." I mutter.