Day 6 Pt. 1

Gridley Pendergast POV

Frances never came back last night she probably camped somewhere alone sense Andrew died. I don't know how, I just saw his face in the sky.

Henry and Wright left to go find Frances. So now it's just me and Sumner sitting here on the tipped over monument. I try to remember not to talk yo her cause Henry motioned to me not to.

"Whatcha doing?" she asks. Crap. Well I have to answer now.

"Umm just looking through my starters pack." I say trying not to make eye contact.

"What do you have?" she asks.

"A dagger, matches that won't work cause of the water from yesterday, some rope and healing burns medicine." I say.

"Can I borrow the healing burns medicine?"

"Borrow or keep?" I ask.

"Ugh. Keep." She says. I laugh and throw her the medicine. She opens it and presses it on a wound on her leg. Probably from day two when the fire happened. "Thanks." She adds.

"No problem." I say. "Do you have any food?" I ask.

"No. All the food was watered out." She says. "It's ok. Frances might have some game when she comes back."

"Okay." I say and start to tie my rope I got from the starters pack for like five minutes. In that time we haven't talked once. And then.

"What are you going?" she asks.

"Oh my gosh Summer!" I say.

"Dang. I was just getting bored sitting here for five minutes." She says.

"Well can we just be quiet?" I ask angrily trying to concentrate with the rope tying.

"No! I'm bored and hungry!" she yells.

"Shut up!" I say.

"I want food!" she yells louder.

"Can you wait for Frances?" I ask trying to calm her down but it doesn't seem to work.

"No! I need meat now!" Summer yells in madness.

"Oh my gosh Summer! Shut up!" I yell at her.

"Don't yell at me! I'll kill you! You don't know what I've been through!"

"Listen, I know you and your district partner were close but-" I say but am cut off by her.

"It's not just Matthew, it's also the fact that I've killed innocent people!" Summer says simply and angrily.

"I'm sorry. Can we just be quiet?" I ask simply.

"Fine."

2 minutes later

"Hey guys I'm back. Where's Henry and Wright?" asks Frances climbing up some rocks up on the fallen monument.

"They're not with you?" I ask.

"No. Did they go to find me?"

"Yeah. They went that way. Where the cannons went off." I say.

"Should we go find them?" Summer asks.

"Yeah but one of us has to keep watch of the supplies." Frances says.

"Not it!" yells Summer.

"Summer! Are you kidding?"

"No I'm not. Let's go Frances." She says and walks down some ruble, onto the grass. I hate her.

"Wish us luck!" Frances Yells running away with Summer.

"Luck." I mutter under my breath.

Dylan Waters POV

I wake up to the sound of Kelly snoring. It's about noon now. I get on my feet and look threw my bag.

I have a water bottle, a few purification drops, a throwing knife, healing cuts medicine, and a few pieces of dried meat. Why meat? If I ate this I in front of Kelly, she would freak out cause she's a vegetarian. I decide to take some pieces out and eat them now before she wakes up. It tastes so good. Its amazing what you can eat when your starving. Then Kelly wakes up.

"Morning." she says.

"Afternoon." I correct her.

"Already?"

"Yeah. Maya went to go search the area." I say.

"Ok. What direction did she go?" Kelly asks.

"Over there." I point to my right.

"Okay well I'll go this way." She says and point the opposite and starts walking away.

"Wait stay here. Please." I say and grab her hand in the process. "I just now found you. I don't want to loose you." I say and look in her eyes.

"Okay. I'll stay." Kelly says and I smile.

We sit there for about three minutes talking, hugging, and kissing.

Maya Sutriasa POV

I've been standing here for 300 seconds. Yeah that's right I counted. They've been kissing for five minutes next to the teepee that Dylan made out of long sticks that has many holes.

Then I hear a noise of a stick crack behind me. I turn to see Andrea, Elizabeth, and Katherine. Weapons ready.

"Guys I'm thinking less kissing and more fighting." I say to the couple.

"No it's fine I know one of these girls." Says Kelly running up to Andrea and hugs her.

"Kelly! How long has it been?" Asks Andrea.

"Yesterday." Kelly responds.

"Really? It feels like forever." Andrea states.

"No. It wasn't." Kelly argues.

"Hugh? So what now?" Andrea wonders.

"You guys can join our alliance." Kelly say.

"Yeah this'll be cool." Dylan says.

"Wait guys. Let's talk about this first." I say then Andrea and the other girls scoot in to hear. "Alone." I add. Then they walk back and sit down.

"Guys how do we know if it's not a trap?" I try to whisper but I'm naturally loud.

"Listen I might not know the other two, but I sure do know Andrea. She can help us." Kelly says.

"Okay but what about the other two? What are we gonna do with them?" I ask.

"You know we can hear you right?"

"SHUT UP!" I yell. "What I'm trying to say is you can't just automatically trust them. They could have talked to Gridley and Andrew before they came in and team up with the Careers later after they kill someone." I say.

"You think they might be incahoots with them?"

"Incahoots? God where are you from?" Katherine says interrupting again.

"SHUT UP!" I yell again.

"Come on. Give them a chance." Dylan says.

"You know this kinda looks like a bad scene to be in, so we're just gonna go." Says Elizabeth.

"Oh and nice teepee by the way! Very good." says Katherine with a sarcastic voice and walks away with Elizabeth.