Scoring Part 1

Tricia Underwood POV

"District 1, Tricia Underwood!" the voice says through the waiting room.

I get up and walk through the doors and see racks of all weapons in front if the gamemakers. On the right side I see all kinds of bows. Everything has been spread out of the training center, organized into racks for you to pick up.

"Tricia Underwood, District 1." I say.

"What will you be showing us today?"

"I'm going to use a bow and arrow."

"Go on!" they say excitedly.

I pick up a silver bow and a quiver with five arrows inside.

"Five dummies please."

"Ok!" they say in sync.

I load an arrow. I'm surrounded by dummies. Tree in front of me and two behind.

I shoot one automatically into the skull in front of me. Then one throws a spear and I dodge and shoot another. Within that second, the spear passes me and enter the dummy behind me in the chest. Three down, two to go.

The next two have throwing knives and throw three each at me in the same time. I make a few cartwheels and back flips to dodge the knives. I load two arrows at the same time in the same bow and shoot. Both arrows hit their necks.

I walk out with all twenty game makers clapping and then I begin to smile.

Wright Arnall POV

I walk in and pick up a sword and throw it at a dummy looking but not as I throw. (so he throws without looking really) then leave.

The gamemakers in shock and have their eyes and mouth in the shape of an O.

Summer Harris POV

I hear my name being called from the microphone in the room all the tributes listen to.

I get up on my feet and walk into the doors. I the gamemakers stop eating and turn to look at me walking towards them and then-.

"Hello Summer! What will you be showing us this fine day." Rusty Evans, the head gamemaker, asks me.

"I'm going to show you how good I am with throwing knives." I smile.

"Ok! Take it away!" he says excitedly.

I smile and pick up a black shirt with pockets that hold throwing knives. I put it on and feel warm. The fresh warm cotton against my skin. Take out three knives and have two in my left and one in my right.

"How many robots?" says Rusty.

"Four!" I say feeling ok with my pick.

"Ok here you go." He smiles and sits back to enjoy the show.

Within seconds a robot zooms over to me with a sword in its had viciously swinging the sword at me. I dodge the swing towards my head and I dive roll under it and stab the leg. I then get up on my feet and even though I'm within stabbing distance, I still throw the knife and pick up one of the two knives from my right and see the robot I just somewhat killed squirming. I leave it and move on.

Later...

Matthew Everett POV

"District 2, Matthew Everett."

I get up and walk to the doors and look back to look at the other tributes. Claire looks eager as well as others and some look scared. I grin and walk through. Sumner passes me and we look at each other for a second to see if I'm ready and if she feels ok with her score she's going to get.

I turn away and smile as I see the game makers looking at me, wondering what I'm going to do.

"Matthew Everett, District 2!" I say confidently and turn to the knives.

"What will you show us?" Rusty Evabs asks me.

"I know the girl from my district did throwing knives but I'm going to do the same ok?"

"Sure beans!" says Rusty.

I pick up one and grab the handle. I ask for a target and an Avox, a criminal who's tongue was cut of so they can't speak, rolls one over on weeks and puts it down.

I aim the knife and-.

Alyssa Abilla POV

I walk in after my name was called and I freeze. I remember what my trainer said to my by the knives. 'You good at that.' I think is what she said. So-.

I grab three knives and start to juggle them. The gamemakers look mesmerized as I do this for they look very entertained.

Max Gonzalez POV

I hear my name being called and I walk into the training center and see the gamemakers talking, and drinking wine. I walk the fire starting rack and pick up flint and steel.

"Max Gonzalez. District 3." I say shyly. "One dummy that doesn't move please." and I hear the gamemakers laugh a little.

An Avox rolls it over and I aim at it with the flint and steel. As I aim I await for the flames. The heat is inches close to my fingers. The dummy catches on fire and I drop the flit and steel, nod, and walk off with the burning plastic dummy on fire.