Bloodbath - Day One Pt. 1

Ian Meister POV

I jump as the pedestal rises to the surface. All I see is a bunch of buildings and a big pokey stone thing standing on the ground and with stuff all around it. There are backpacks, weapons, and other supplies.

I look up and see on a table, a dagger. And a backpack right next to it. The pack looks big so it must have some good supplies in it. Then I hear the voice of the president speak.

"Attention tributes! If you have no clue what this place is, it's a ruined city. The Capitol. The Capitol of what was once known as North America. Washington D.C.! And that stone tower right there in front of you, is the Washington Monument. It is this years Cornucopia. It might not be the shape of a cornucopia but you know what? Let's just call it 'the monument'. There will be no countdown. Let the 200th Annual Hunger Games officially begin!"

*boom*

I leap off my pedestal and head for the dagger and the bag. Once I get there I turn around and it's Wright. He swings his sword and hits my side. Drawing blood. I fall to the ground but as I still have life in me, I throw the dagger at him like a throwing knife but it's no use. He doges it in time. And stabs me in the gut with his sword.

Clay Lawhead POV

I see Lydia getting to the axes but Tripp got there first and has a pick axe. He swings at her. But he's slow and she dodged it easily. Now she picked up her axe and hits him in the head with the butt of her axe and as he's on the ground she raises her axe to finish him and that's when I see Jack Stanley throw a knife at her. I have a spear in hand and throw it. It hits directly at the knife in the air and makes the noise of metal hitting metal. Lydia notices this and Tripp gets away. Lydia throws her axe and it ends up in jacks gut. I throw my spear and it enters his ribs. Then right after an arrow slices in the air and hits his scull. I look the direction it came from and see Frances on a tall glass box that has a door that looks like what would be the entrance to the monument. She finished him.

Lydia gives me a belt with two axes on the sides. She has one too. We both have packs and I have a quiver of spears on my right side. Then we leave.

Tricia Underwood POV

I grab the bow and sling the quiver of arrows around my shoulders and load an arrow. I see Charlie running away with a trident. No. Henry needs that trident. I quickly think of a plan in my head and realize I should run around the monument and shoot him.

I quickly run to the other side. Weapon ready. I see him running then looking back at the fighting and he sees me. He runs faster but I let the arrow fly and it enter his calf. He falls to the ground. He flips over and rips the arrow out of his leg. He screams in anger and in pain as he does this. He tries to get up. I'm already there. Once he's up, I'm about 3 yards away and he throws the trident at me as I'm running at him. I sidestep it. If I didn't, it would have hit my chest. I get faster as adrenaline is coercing through my veins. He has nothing to do. I load another arrow and let it fly. It then lands in his chest where his heart would be. I look behind and see Griffin from District 8 grab the trident. But Henry just came.

Henry Arnall POV

I grab the trident out of his hands and stab him in the gut with it. I grab his pack and get to the pile of supplies that the careers are making as they defend the monument.

Grace Jaroz POV

Me and Robert grab a stack of throwing knives for the both of us. I see Athena and she seems nice it's just we have to defend the monument and get as many supplies as possible while also trying to get these games done with quicker.

Athena gets to a bag and a knife and then runs away. Robert throws a knife and it impales her arm where she held the bag. She turns around and sees it's us and runs away again but grabs the bag still. I throw a knife. It impales her back. She's definitely weak. Robert then throws another knife and impales her throat. She chicks at first and then stays still. I feel bad for doing that and so does he. He kisses me on the cheek quickly hoping no cameras saw.

Tripp Markel POV

Ok I have a pick axe and a bag filled with a water bottle, dried meat, and an apple. With a stack of throwing knives in it as well. Then I hear a whizzing noise coming from my right. I look up and see a knife coming towards me. I grab my bag and use it as a shield. I hear a slight pop in my bag for the knife probably broke the water bottle. It did. Where did the knife come from anyway? I look up. Summer. The last thing I see is a knife coming towards my face. And then-

Max Gonzalez POV

I see Tripp on the ground with a knife in his skull. He was just killed by Summer, the girl from 2.

I've been looking everywhere but I have it. Flint and steel. As I get a pack on and the flint and steel in my hand. I then run a different direction.

I run around the monument and Alyssa runs at me with two daggers spinning in her hand. I run off. Away but she is catching up. We then are on grass and not on cement. I then turn around and burn the grass behind me. Alyssa runs right into it and her body starts to burn. Her screams are unbearable. I pick up her pack and two daggers she dropped and run off.

Matthew Everett POV

I see Gray run of with a bow in his hand and a quiver of arrows on his back. I launch a knife and it enters his back, inches away from the quiver. I run up to his body and realize something. The bloodbath is over. No one is fighting.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!