Training Day 3

Max Gonzalez POV

I walk to the fire building station. I see the trainers faces smiling and then-

"Hello! Your Max! From District 3! I can't wait to see you in action."

"Thanks." I say trying to smile.

"Well. How do you want to build a fire? Rocks collision? Stick spinning? Matches? Flint & Steel? Wire-"

"Flint and Steel!" I interrupt and my eyes widen.

"Ok. Here. Let me see what you can do."

I grab the flint and steel out of her hands and aim at some twigs on the table. I fire and it lights up. I hear some clapping from the trainers.

"Good again!"

Robert Johnston POV

I sit with the other careers in a corner taking a break. I see Grace walking towards us. Hopefully she has some news about Emily Cushing.

"Hey Grace. So tell me did she buy it?"

"Yeah Emily believes she's safe. But once were in the middle of the games, I kill her."

"Did you tell her she'll be with the careers?" Wright asks.

"Yep! She feels even more safe because of that."

"Is she good with any weapons?" Frances asks.

"She's good with explosives." I say back and get a few signs of respect that they think she's good.

"What about strengths?" Matthew asks.

"Well she's from 8 so she's good with nots and also traps." I say back.

"Ok I guess we'll have to see her scores tomorrow to see how long we'll keep her." Henry says.

"Awesome I'm going back to knife throwing." Summer says.

"Me too!" Matthew adds and follows after her.

"This is going to be fun." I mutter.

Grace Lyle POV

I walk to the archery station. I pick up a crossbow and load an arrow. I aim at the skull and hit exactly where I aimed.

"Hey." I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around and see Tripp Markel, the boy from my district. He used to be a coal miner and so now he goes to the axes station a lot.

"Hey." I say back.

"Your kinda good at this." he says and I smile.

"Thanks but you should go back to the axe or explosives station. We can't just be talking."

"I know I'm about to leave. I just wanted to remind you about how that careers have an alliance of nine. And make sure people remember you."

"I will. I volunteered! Remember? District 12 has become a richer district over the years and now our district a somewhat career district. I'm fine!"

"Ok just don't kill me."

"Please you'll be the first to die. The nerve! You have a lot of moxie to talk to me now."

"Jeez I was just saying." he says and walks away.

"Idiot. He will die. He'll be first." I mutter under my breath and continue shooting from the crossbow.

Tripp Markel POV

I am frightened that Grace is going to kill me. I mean just told me she would kinda. Oh well. I ignore it and walk to the explosives station.