Day 5 Pt. 2

Frances Powell POV

I see a little squirrel and loaded an arrow. We have four squirrels now but it won't be enough for who knows how long the Games will be. I shoot the squirrel in the eyes, then put it in the sack of game. We put all our food inside.

As we've been hunting, Andrew got three of the squirrels by throwing the same knife and I shot two with my bow.
The city looks so huge. Building, monuments, museums, restaurants, and alleys. We walked into a restaurant with dried meat that is somewhat rotten so we just jeep it where it is. We walk into another monument that has many marble cylinders. The roof looks like a hemisphere, but also marble. Maybe stone. We are right next to some soft floating water. The inside of the monument stands a black statue of a man with a coat, his left hand holding a scroll and the right holding nothing. He looks like someone who was really important. I try to figure out what his name is but I can't find it. It's probably at the bottom on the statue's pedestal. But I can't read anything on the walls of on the statue because of how dark it is outside. It's getting colder by the minute.

"Should we camp here for the night?" asks Andrew for it is pretty far away from our group and it's too dark to go anywhere. So I make a small fire. I take some flint and steel from Andrew's starters pack and strike the tool.

I see four camp fire go on in the view. Our group made one and three others in separate parts. No one is going after anyone. Or so I thought. For Ivie, Andrea, and two new girls from her district come jumping in and surrounding me and Andrew. I believe the two girl's names are Katherine and Elizabeth.

Katherine has a bow in hand and a quiver slung over her shoulders. Elizabeth has a dagger in her right hand. Elizabeth doesn't seem to want to fight.

Ivie runs up from behind Andrew and flicks her wrist making the whip in her hand spin and wraps around Andrews neck, choking him. Andrew turns around as this happens, screams in pain and then stabs her in the chest with the blade of his knife. Dang.

BOOM!

Andrea throws a spear at me and I duck roll under it, load an arrow while doing it, and shoot the arrow. She too dodged it. I turn to see Katherine just finished Andrew with an arrow to the chest.

BOOM!

Andrea Caceres POV

We all run away from Frances, leaving her alone. Ivie died, which is bad but so did Andrew but he deserved it. One less Career to worry about.

We run for about three to five minutes now and then we climb a tree and leap onto a roof. Elizabeth is really fast at running for she was in front of me for the most of the time we've been running.

"So what do we do for tomorrow?" asks Elizabeth, while sharpening her dagger.

"I guess whatever the Capitol has planned for us, we'll have no choice but to do what they say." I explain. "Katherine, are you ok? You just had you first kill." I say.

"Yeah I'm ok I just feel scared. The pain I can cause people, I could start feeling tomorrow, or any time this game."

"Even if any of these tributes get out of here, we still leave with scars that can't be healed. All victors have realized this. Even the Careers." I say.

After I say this, I hear the anthem play and look up in the sky to see the dead appear.

Deaths of Day 5:

District 1

Andrew Vasquez

District 10

Ivie Cullen-Dean

District 13

Robert Johnston

The sky becomes dark again and both Elizabeth and Katherine start to yawn.

"I'll take watch." I say.