Day One Pt. 2

Summer Harris POV

"I got a better sword, cooked and dried meat, and an instant tent." Says Wright as he goes through the sponsor gifts we got.

"I got a bow, a quiver of arrows. About twelve. A pack of throwing stars, a jacket, and some cookies!" Tricia says right after.

"Well I got a fishing rod with some bait, fruit, a pack of throwing knives, and some soup." Robert says.

"I got some throwing knives, stars, bread, boots, and a 'How To find water' paper." Matthew says.

"I got the exact same thing except I got a 'How To find food' paper instead of water." I say.

"I have some throwing knives," Grace starts and picks up a jar. "This looks like medicine. It says 'healing cuts cream'. I also have explosive rocks and a leather glove to protect my hands! What do you have Emily?"

"I have explosive rocks, a leather glove, cooked meat, and a-" she pauses. "What is this?" she asks and Wright's eyes widen as he sees the object.

"That's a sickle." He says.

"A what?" Emily asks.

"A sickle. It's a utensil used to cut grain and kill. District 9 tributes are good with those and Claire Buchanan uses them. But all she got were some daggers and a bag."

"Isn't she the one that told you off in training?" I ask.

"Yeah but I'm gonna kill her." Wright says.

"What did she say?" Tricia asks.

"Nothing. Just some smack." Wright says.

"Shall we hunt some tributes tomorrow?" Matthew asks.

"Do we have a choice?" Summer says.

Andrea Caceres POV

Me, Jack, and Ivie sit in the air and space museum. Ivie came upon us and sense we became friends in training one day we decided to alliance. I got two spears at the monument, and a backpack that's kinda small. Inside was only food. Fish, fruit, and soup in a container.

Ivie only got to a whip and a backpack with nothing in it except for three water bottles for all of us and a blanket.

Jack got to three throwing knives but nothing else.

Good news. Jack was just acting for the cameras when he said he loved me in the interviews. But we have to act a little. Possibly not.

Right now we're drinking little sips from Ivie's water bottles, trying to save what we have. Jack is eating some fruit. I'm eating some fish and I gave Ivie my soup cause she started getting cold. So she also wrapped herself in her blanket.

After eating, we start to walk around the museum. Everywhere I look, I see aircraft. Not like the hovercrafts we have today. I walked into another room and see not hovercrafts but spaceships. There's a rocket like engine hanging through a wall. I go back downstairs and see something different. But it's not related to planes or rockets at all. It looks like tiny sculpture boats and I see maps everywhere. The earth looked so much different then than it does now. Now, there is only North America or also known as Panem because of natural disasters around the earth and water levels rising. There was more. I see a map of Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and South America. There are little countries inside them. I look at the North America map to see where I would live. I live in District Five and Five is in Southern California according to this map.

Once were done looking around I walk to the doors we came and see three parachutes come down. Sponsor gifts! I rush back in and call for everyone.

Once everyone is back, they automatically look in their gifts.

Ivie got another whip, how to find water, how to find food paper, and two knives.

Jack got a pack of throwing knives, a jacket, cooked meat, and a spear which I think he was told to give to me. Then he gives it to me. "Here." he say.

"Thanks." I say back.

I got a better spear, dried meat, 24 hour energy pills, boots, and a how to find water paper. I put the spear in my spear holding quiver on my hip. My alliance is ready. There's a note from the sponsor who gave it to me. It's my friend, Catherine.

"You can do this Andrea. Do your District proud! We miss you here in Five."

-Catherine

"Let the games begin." I mutter under my breath.

Max Gonzalez POV

I got a dagger, flint and steel, dried meat, matches, and a jacket. All from sponsors. I lost the flint and steel I used at the monument. Probably while I was running away. I'm at a small building that has a large statue of a bearded man sitting in a chair.

There are words at the top. They say.

''In this temple as in the hearts of the people, for whom he saved the union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln, is enshrined forever.''

That's amazing. Our president is definitely not like that.

Kelly Fairbanks POV

Ok so I've been looking around. I'm in the White House. It's where the presidents lived. I sit there thinking about where everything will play out.

I hear the sound of a sponsor gift coming towards me. I see it coming down near the open window. Once it's in arms reach, I grab it. I close the door. It's from Dylan. First I read the note.

"You can do this babe. I wish I was there to protect you. Come back home."

-Love Dylan.

I smile and let a tear shed from my right eye. I wipe it off and begin to organize my stuff.

I got healing cuts and healing poison medicine, a sword, and a fur coat.

Clay Lawhead POV

"I got an axe, and another spear, cookies, and how to find water, shelter, and hunt papers." I say.

"I got an axe, two soups, fling and steel, and a-" Lydia stops.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"They gave me a little dried meat." She says.

"So it's meat." I say.

"I'm a vegetarian!" she says.

"Oh." I say. "I'll have it." I add.

"Ok here." She says.

I lay down and eat the rest of the dried meat and look up in the sky. The Capitol Seal shows up and the faces of the dead appear.

Dead Tributes:

District 3

Alyssa Abilla

District 6

Gray Burkhart
Athena Nassar

District 8

Griffin Martin

District 9

Charlie Minor

District 10

Jack Stanley

District 11

Ian Meister

District 12

Tripp Markell

The sky goes dark and we go to sleep. Day 1 is over.