The scan

"So do you two want this scan together?" She asked Ruby looked at Iain and smiled Iain nodded "if you do" he said she nodded "I don't think we really get a choice" she smiled he smiled and kissed her head. She lied on the bed and pulled her top up Iain smiled placing his hand on her belly "you do have a bit of a bump" he smiled she smiled "I'm actually excited" she smiled he kissed her hand holding it "me too" he smiled. They had the scan and got a picture and walked down to the ambulance station holding hands. "Both okay?" Asked Jan as they walked in Ruby nodded "yeah everything's okay" she smiled "that's what we like to hear" she smiled Ruby passed her the photo of the scan "oh wow" she smiled looking at it "keep it, we got one printed for you" smiled Ruby Jan looked like she was going to cry and hugged Ruby "what you said a little while ago about your son and not being able to chose your family. You can. Were your family" she said Jan cried into her shoulder "I love you all so much" she said Ruby smiled "we love you too" she smiled Jan smiled "go on go and get some rest" she said wiping her eyes Ruby nodded and Iain held her hand and they walked out. "That's was really lovely Ruby" he said she smiled "my mum can't be here for me, but I know Jan will, she is like my mum" she said he smiled "she's gonna he a granny" laughed Iain Ruby laughed and they drove home.