That evening

Ruby and Iain were sitting on the sofa watching tv with Isla "come on lovely bed time" smiled Iain standing up and picking Isla up she babbled as he took her up to bed Ruby smiled to herself she was happy for the first time in a long time she was really happy. Ruby was sitting in a vest top and shorts on the sofa you could see her bump quite clearly Iain smiled as he looked at her when he walked back in he lied down on the sofa and put his head on her lap "I love you" he said she smiled "I love you too" she smiled "and I love you" he smiled leaning against her belly she smiled and played with his hair. He sat up again and wrapped his arms around her "do you want to find out what we're having?" He asked she shook her head "no, do you?" She asked "no" he smiled she smiled and they finished watching their film. When it finished Ruby turned to face him "Iain, thank you" she said "for what?" He asked sitting up holding her hand "for everything, you always back me up whatever stupid ideas I have, your always here for me, and always a shoulder to cry on, your an amazing dad to Isla and you will be to number 2, you made me realise that my life could be turned around and that not all men are like my dad and for that I am so thankful" she said Iain smiled almost welling up "I love you" he said hugging her she smiled and hugged him back "I love you more" she smiled. He rubbed her back and smiled into her shoulder "shall we go out for dinner tomorrow night?" He asked she smiled and nodded "what about Isla?" She asked "bring her a family dinner" he smiled she nodded "that sounds amazing" she smiled kissing his lips. They headed off to bed and Isla slept all through the night.