Chapter 15

Damien's POV:

Its been a couple days since (Y/N) tried to hurt that nurse. She has been asleep since. She must have been exhausted and in so must. I've rationed the food that Rochelle had given me. I feel much more energized than before. The nurses and doctors have decided I'm not a threat. I think they may start to trust me but at least I no longer have to live in that damn cage. I have free range of (Y/N)'s room and sometimes I'm allowed outside to get some fresh air.

I sit on the guest chair watching (Y/N) sleep. She looks peaceful and no longer in pain. She has wires and tubes all over her. A machine beeps next to me. The nurses say that the machine helps them know if my River Lilly is alive when she sleeps, and the tubes are feeding her body a liquid that helps her get the nutrients she needs while she cant eat.  

She is doing well at least. I hear a knock at the door and look over. To my surprise Coach walked in. He smiled at me and looked at (Y/N) as he opened the door and walked in. He looked at me again and smiled.

"Hey there Damien. I know you probably won't like this but can I ask you a favour???" Coach asked me as he rubbed his hand on the back of his neck. I nodded in response and watched him curiously. He smiled.

"Can you come with me for a few hours??? Today the children are learning about hunters. I thought maybe having a hunter there it would help with their learning," he asked politely. He wants me to be around children. I guess it would be a good idea as they do need to learn and I need to learn how to interact with kids just in case we find one in the future. 

I looked at (Y/N) and then back at Coach before jumping off the chair and crawling over to him. I looked up at him and nodded chirping a little in response so he knew I would do it. Joy and relief flooded his face and he smiled happily and sighed. 

"Okay well we should get going. Class starts soon," he said as I nod and he walks out the room with me right behind him. As we walked down the corridors people looked terrified, cautious and concerned as they looked at me. I ignored them the best I could.

After a few minutes of walking we end up in a corridor filled with colourful pictures of various things like handprints, flowers, animals, dinosaurs, robots and love hearts. The walls of the corridor were pink like a flamingo and decorated head to toe with the children's drawings, paintings and photos of them at work. 

We arrived at a wooden door and Coach smiled at me placing his hand on the handle. 

"Damien, you wait here while I introduce the idea of hunters to the children. when I open the door again you can come in okay???" Coach told me as he smiled and slowly opened the door. I nodded and Coach walked into the room. As he closed the door behind him I could hear cheering coming from the children. 

I waited for around ten minutes before Coach opened the door again. 

"They're ready for you. Now be careful. They are only young and will get scared easily. Just take it slow." he said at me before opening the door fully so I could crawl in. I slowly crawled into the room and the room was filled with gasps as the young children looked at me. There was around 10 children all between the ages of 4 and 8 years old. 

Some looked at me in fear while the others looked at me in wonder. I slowly crawled into the room and sat in front of them. I sat similar to that of a dog minus the tail. Making sure my hood stayed over my face I faced the children hoping I wasn't scaring them too much.

Coach smiled at placed his hand on my head. I didn't flinch or move a muscle as he spoke, 

"This is my friend. His name is Damien. He is a hunter her he is very kind, he wont hurt you but I do warm you that he does have sharp claws. Please try not to be scratched by them." he said to the kids. They nodded in response of the warning and looked at me in pure curiosity.

A little girl, aged about 5, walked up to me. She wore a beautiful pink dress with flowers on it. She had brown hair that fell past her shoulders. She had emerald green eyes that were filled with wonder. She stood in front of me nervously and held her hand out. Coach moved his hand away and smiled gently. 

I slowly and carefully ducked my head under her hand and let her place her hand on me. I smiled under my hood as I purred quietly. The girl smiled and giggled petting me and looked back at her classmates. 

"He's like a kitty hehe," she said as her smile filled with joy eased the other childrens fear and they relaxed. Coach smiled and started to explain the different noises I make and what they mean. He explained that the purr means that I feel happiness and joy. The shriek I make is when I found someone or something that is mean and im going to kill them. The growl is when there is something that is annoying me or making me angry. I demenstrated the noises to them. 

The children seemed to enjoy the class. They watched with wonder and smiled all the way through. I enjoyed it. I felt like this is where I should be. We played and they sat an drawn pictures of me with different hoodies and ductape. I smiled and chirped happily. I really did enjoy the company. I only wished that (Y/N) was here...