Chapter 60

**Maria's POV**

How were they friends? He's a monster.

"But why would you rape my mother?" I asked him and he just chuckled.

"Because I felt like it." He said and leaned back in his chair. "I loved your mom, but your dad had to take her from me."

"Time is up." His guard said and tried to pull him up.

"You heard, Icy!! I love you!! You were the first girl to ever steal my heart!!" He screamed and the guard dragged him inside the door.

"Why are you here?" I heard a woman say to me. I looked around, but didn't see a woman around. "I'm in your head right now."

"Who are you?" I thought in my head.

"Your mother, dumb dumb."

"Oh." I thought.

"Why are you here?" She asked again.

"I needed answers and I wanted to see Jason."

"It's not safe."

"Why didn't you tell me about Jared?"

"Because he was dangerous and I didn't know he was going to kidnap you."

"Mom, I was beat and raped because of you."

Silence.

"Mom!!"

"I'm sorry okay? I didn't know. I should've told you about him, but you were young and you wouldn't understand!!" She screamed. She wasn't in my mind anymore. My mom was standing in front of me. "I was scared."

"Scared of what?"

"Scared that people would think I was dramatized and send me to counseling." Tears streamed down her face. "I was put into the hospital, because I tried to kill myself. I felt dirty and like trash."

"I didn't know." I was shocked. My mom tried to kill herself.

"You know now." Then she disappeared. "I love you." She said in my mind.

"I love you too." I thought.

I walked back to the car and started to cry once I sat in the passenger seat. Dawn pulled me into a hug and drove away from the jailhouse.

"Maria." Devan put his hand on my shoulder and I put my hand on top of his. "It's gonna be okay."

"I hope it will." He squeezed my shoulder and we all sat in silence. We were parked in the driveway of my house and went inside. We changed and went to the mall.

We were walking around and shopping at different stores.  I wasn't in the mood for shopping that much, so I just sat there and watched them picking out clothes.

"Come on, Maria. Just try something on." Dawn said and tried to pull me to my feet.

"What can I try on, when I'm getting big. Look at me, I'm fat." I said, when the tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

She sat beside me and pulled me into a hug.  I cried into the crook of her neck and she rubbed my back soothingly and kissed my forehead.  People would walk by and give us strange looks.

"Maria, I know this is hard for you right now, but when you give birth to that little munchkin you'll be the happiest mother ever." She said and wiped the tears and smeared make up from under my eyes.  "Now let's go get something to eat and look for some clothes for that little munchkin." She poked my belly and we laughed.

There was a Chic-Fil-A and I ordered some waffle fries and chicken nuggets.  We sat and ate our meal.  I heard the scraping of a chair and someone took a seat beside me.  When I looked up, it was that prick from Chloe's wedding.