Chapter 38

**Niall's POV**

I got out of the at an made it to her stone. It said 'Anaïs Horan, 1998-2023, Loving Wife and Mother, We Will Always Keep You In Our Memories.' Then there was a picture of her on her stone.

I stood there, just staring at the stone and drinking my beer.

"I wish you were still here. You would know what to do during this situation. No, she wouldn't be gone, she would still be here." I fell to my knees and put my head against her stone. "Please, I need to know if she's alright. Talk to me, send me a sign, do something." I said crying hard.

"Niall, it's not your fault. None of this is your fault." A girl said from behind me.

I turned around and saw Maite, Anaïs and Chloe's little sister.

"How would you know?! You didn't even come and see her. She was struggling, cutting herself, and sneaking out to goto a party or club!! I was never home during the day or when she came home!!" I said getting in her face.

"Niall, you need to calm down. You're drunk." She said backing away from me, but I walked closer to her.

"No I'm not!!"

"How many beers did you drink?"

"That's for me to k ow and for you to find out." I said still in her face. "Why are you even here?"

"I came to see my big sister, but I saw you and let you have your moment." She said with fear still in her eyes. "Are you driving back to your house?"

"Well...duh." I said annoyed.

I went back to the stone and picked up my beer bottle slamming it to the ground. I screamed and went to the truck.

I'm broken inside. The two people I loved are now gone. Anaïs is dead and Maria is probably dead or getting raped right now.

I started the car and drove back home. Please, God, keep my daughter safe.

**Maria's POV**

I walked down the street in the dark. There were gangs all around, an I could feel them staring at me.

Just as I started to turn the corner, a large hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him. I tried to scream, but a hand was slapped over my mouth and the other was pulling me to the dark corner.

"Shh...you're safe." The familiar voice said. I looked up and saw Jason looking down at me. "You're safe." I just jumped into his arms and cried.

"I just want to go home." I cried harder in his chest.

"I know." He said in a comforting voice. He started to rub my lower back and tightened the hug. "I'll try my best to take you there."

"I don't know. You were also the one who helped Jared. Why would I trust you?" I said pushing him away from me and trying to move away from him.

"Jut trust me, Maria."

"But-"

"Maria, if I wasn't here. One of those dick heads could've raped you!!" He said pinning me against the wall.

"But what if Jared comes looking for me?" I said terrified of what would happen.

"I have an idea." He pulled me to his car and told me his plan. "I want you to put this plan in action once we get back, okay?"

"Yes sir." I nodded.

"Don't call me sir. It makes me feel old." He said chuckling and I giggled a little even though I was going through hell right now.

"Sorry, sir." I laughed.

"You're so adorable." He said pinching my cheeks.

I felt my cheeks getting hot and realized I was blushing. "After the plan, will I be able to call my daddy?"

"I don't know, yet." We got there and my heart was beating fast.