Day One

Nyctophobia. Extreme or irrational fear of night or darkness. Some psychoanalytic writers believe that fear of the dark may be related to separation anxiety from a primary attachment figure, a phenomenon that is detailed further in a 2014 analysis on attachment and fear arousal published in the journal Psychoanalytic Dialogues.

I had gone to this restaurant alone. This specific restaurant made me feel safe, oddly enough. Although it was no different than any other restaurant, I felt safer here than in any other ones.
I sat at my lonesome table, holding my menu in both of my hands, and I read it over. I pick out my choices, and that was when the bartender came to me.
"Hello, ma'am? Could I take your order?"
I look up at him. "Hello, yeah, uh.. I'd like the.." I look at the menu and name them off.
As soon as I'm done, I watch him walk away. I sigh a little, and I get up, walking towards the bathroom.
I stepped inside and I coughed a bit. I used the bathroom, and once I was down, I used the sink. As I rubbed the suds against my skin in a circular motion, that was when I heard them.
"You can't be here." A man's voice muffled in the other bathroom, through the wall. "Not here. Not right now."
"I apologize, Mark.. I remember vividly that you were the one whom wished for a bad guy in your story.. I suppose you didn't consider that I'd show up so soon."
"Yes, I wanted a bad guy. Every good story has to have a bad guy.. But you're not following your script."
"Fuck your script." The deep voiced male hissed. "You've taken everything from me.. So I'm gonna make sure I take everything from you--"
Suddenly there's something else entirely, and there was a scream. It wasn't a pain filled scream, but more of an angered scream. Some dark aura filled the room, and I covered my ears. It didn't dispose of the ringing, but it helped put pressure to my head. 
I whined painfully, and as soon as he stopped screaming, it all stopped. I breathed heavily, the panic of my phobia rushing around in my veins. I lifted my head, as I heard whoever it was leave the room. I was almost too afraid to leave myself, but I ended up exiting anyways.
I make my way to my table and I sit down. I take a few heavy breaths, putting my hands on my knees. I lift my head to see my bartender walk past me and to a man sitting across from a woman. So called woman had a plant in front of her face, so I couldn't see her, but I can see the male.
He had dark, black hair and brown chocolate eyes, and he wore a suit. I could hear the conversation between the both of them.
"No, I'm not--" The man is cut off.
"We are to inform you not to scream in the bathroom."
The man looks partially confused, but at the same time annoyed. "...I didn't... Whatever, I won't do it again."
The Bartender nods. "I'll come back when you're ready to order."
The Bartender walks away, and I stsre at the man. I stared for a long moment before I looked at the table. I gulped a little, hoping that I'd forget what even happened. I know I won't, but I could attempt to convince myself it wasn't even real.
I ate my food and I left, paying of course. Exiting the building wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't getting dark out.
I have Nyctophobia, in which I was horribly afraid of the dark. I felt childish for it, but I remember the reasons why. I was a child, yet I remember it all too well.
"Mommy." I grabbed my mother's hand she was dropoing me off at daycare, as she always did. "I don't want you to go."
"Sweetie, I know." She crouched down before me, and pressed a light kiss to my cheek. "But mommy's gotta go to work, to get money."
I stared at her face, then frowning a little. "What if we don't need money?"
She laughed a little, and stood up. "You'll be okay, love."
My mother came to pick me up that night, and I was sitting in the backseat in my booster seat. I stared out the window, muttering the words of the song on the radio. It was then that my mother pulled into a dark area, a forest. She turned off the lights, and the music. It became quiet.
"..Mommy?"
Silence, but I heard noise. I don't know what it was she was doing, but I remember sitting there for hours.
That was the last time I saw her.
I know what she did now, but I don't understand how anyone could do that. I was sitting in that car, crying. I couldn't get out, and I'm sure as a child I peed myself and tried to eat old food in my car seat. If it wasn't for the fact it became daylight out eventually, no one would've found me.
I get in my own car, driver's seat this time, and I start up my car. I turn on the front lights, and I turn on this small lamp in my car. It's discreet enough that the police won't look at me and become suspicious, but well enough that it won't freak me out.
I start driving home, thinking over that moment in the bathroom. It was driven into my mind further than the most traumatic moment I've had, helping me block that part out as much as I naturally liked to.
I gulped down a little, and I turned on the radio, and listened to music. I made sure it's always a different channel than the one I listened to before.
I arrived home soon enough.