A big ol' group of memories

Because I'm about to do a time skip and (Y/N) remembers some shit in between.

My parents were having a conversation in the other room as I sat on the couch next to my grandmother. I hadn't spoken to my grandmother in like, a year, and seeing as I was around the age of six, or something, it had been a while. I was playing with the doll that she gave me for Christmas, which she gave to me early, seeing as Christmas was a month away. 
 This was around the time where things seemed okay. My parents hadn't been fighting and my mother seemed genuinely happy. My grandmother then got up, and I turned my head to the door. My father walked in, and they hugged each other, and he then gave her a kiss on the cheek.
 "Thank you for babysitting (Y/N)." He told her. "We don't know what we would do without you D̸̷̸̸̸̶̵̶̶̵̵̷̸̴̷̶̶̶̷̷̴̴̵̴̸̵̴̵̵̷̶̴̸̴̴̷̴̴̷̶̸̷̶̷̶̴̷̵̵̷̶̶̶̵̶̸̵̸̵̵̶̴̷̵̵̵̸̴̵̵̵̵̶̸̴̵̷̸̸̶̵̶̶̷̵̶̵̶̸̸̷̶̶̴̵̸̴̴̶̵̴̸̷̶̶̵̵̸̶̸̵̸̶̸̴̸̶̷̷̴̷̵̵̶̵̷̵̸̶̶̷̸̴̵̵̵̶̶̸̵̴̶̸̸̷̷̸̵̴̵̸̸̶̸̶̷̸̶̷̴̵̵̴̴̷̴̸̸̴̴̵̴̴̵̴̵̵̷̸̵̸̵̵̷̴̶̴̵̵̴̴̷̶̵̵̵̶̷̴̸̴̶̶̶̸̷̵̴̶̷̴̴̴̴̴̴̶̸̸̵̸̸̷̵̸̵̶̶̶̶̸̴̸̸̴̸̸̴̸̵̷̵̴̴̶̴̸̵̵̵̵̵̵̷̸i̷̴̸̸̷̷̴̴̴̷̷̸̸̴̷̷̷̸̷̸̵̸̸̷̵̵̵̵̴̴̴̸̵̴̷̷̵̵̶̸̸̴̸̷̷̸̵̴̶̴̶̴̷̷̵̵̷̸̴̴̷̶̴̴̸̷̶̵̶̶̴̶̵̶̶̸̶̴̶̷̶̵̵̸̴̵̴̸̵̴̴̵̸̸̷̶̸̷̴̶̷̸̵̸̷̶̷̸̶̷̷̸̵̴̸̸̷̶̶̸̷̶̸̷̴̴̴̵̸̴̶̴̶̶̷̴̵̶̶̴̸̷̸̷̵̵̶̶̵̵̸̸̸̷̸̶̴̵̸̴̸̴̸̴̸̷̵̸̸̴̶̵̶̶̷̸̴̴̶̸̶̸̷̸̸̶̵̴̷̸̴̶̶̸̴̷̸̵̴̵̷̸̴̸̴̴̶̵̶̷̵̴̴̵̵̶̵̵̵̴̷̷̷̷̸̷̸̷̶̶̵̷̶̴̵̸̶̴̵̵̴̷̴̷̸̵̸̵̷̶̷̷̵̵̷a̷̵̵̸̴̶̴̴̷̶̸̶̷̸̶̷̵̸̴̸̴̸̵̵̷̷̵̷̵̷̴̵̴̴̷̶̸̴̶̷̸̵̴̵̸̴̴̵̸̴̴̸̷̴̶̵̸̴̸̴̴̵̷̷̷̴̷̷̸̷̶̶̴̴̵̷̸̷̵̶̴̸̴̸̵̷̶̸̴̸̴̷̴̸̸̴̷̵̷̴̶̵̷̵̸̶̶̵̵̵̵̸̸̵̴̵̷̴̵̵̷̴̷̵̵̷̵̷̴̷̵̵̷̷̴̴̷̸̸̷̸̶̷̶̵̶̷̷̶̸̷̴̷̸̸̷̶̶̶̴̴̸̴̴̸̵̶̴̶̶̶̴̵̵̵̷̴̷̷̵̷̴̴̸̶̵̶̴̴̶̴̶̵̵̷̷̷̸̴̴̶̸̴̴̶̶̵̶̸̵̷̴̶̸̵̷̴̸̶̷̴̷̵̴̵̴̶̷̴̴̷̵̴̸̶̵̵̶̸̶̴̶̶̴̸̴̴̸̴̵̶̶̷̴̶n̷̷̴̷̴̷̸̶̷̷̷̸̶̴̶̵̷̵̸̴̴̸̷̵̶̵̴̵̵̸̸̵̸̵̶̷̷̴̴̶̵̸̵̷̷̶̷̷̴̷̸̵̶̵̵̴̴̵̸̸̵̸̵̴̸̴̷̴̷̸̸̵̵̸̵̵̶̵̷̵̷̴̷̴̷̶̷̶̸̵̴̴̸̵̵̵̴̷̸̷̶̴̷̶̶̵̴̶̴̵̷̴̴̵̸̷̸̶̶̷̶̶̵̸̷̸̸̸̸̴̴̷̴̴̴̶̸̷̵̶̴̸̸̵̸̵̸̶̶̴̵̴̷̴̷̷̸̷̴̸̵̵̶̷̴̸̴̵̷̸̶̸̸̶̶̵̷̷̷̶̴̴̶̸̷̸̶̶̵̵̷̸̸̴̵̸̷̸̵̴̷̴̴̵̵̶̸̵̶̸̷̴̵̸̷̴̵̷̶̴̶̴̸̵̵̸̷̴̷̵̴̶̴̷̴̴̷̷̴̴̶̵̴̴̵̵̷̴̴̵̶̷̴̷̶e̶̵̷̸̷̴̸̶̷̵̸̷̸̴̶̶̶̸̴̸̷̶̸̸̷̸̴̸̶̵̸̵̴̴̵̴̴̶̵̷̵̸̴̸̴̵̸̵̴̸̴̷̸̷̴̶̶̷̵̶̶̴̵̵̴̶̴̸̶̵̶̵̸̵̴̷̵̶̶̸̷̸̷̵̷̸̷̸̶̵̷̸̶̶̸̷̵̴̸̸̸̶̸̴̵̷̵̴̶̸̴̷̴̷̵̸̸̷̵̶̷̸̴̵̷̶̸̶̵̸̵̵̷̸̶̸̷̸̷̸̸̵̷̵̸̴̷̶̷̷̸̷̴̸̵̷̵̸̶̵̷̷̵̶̵̷̴̵̵̷̷̸̴̶̶̶̵̶̵̵̸̶̸̶̷̵̵̶̷̷̷̵̴̴̶̶̴̸̶̵̷̷̸̸̶̶̷̸̷̶̷̶̵̶̶̶̷̴̷̷̴̷̴̶̸̸̷̵̸̵̵̶̶̴̶̶̴̸̵̷̶̵̷̴̶̷̵̶̶̵̷̶̸̶̴."
 "Honestly, it's my pleasure." My grandmother spoke as my mother walked into the room. 
 The grandmother happened to be from my mother's side, which didn't seem so important at the time. But it does now.
 "She's a sweetheart."
 "I know." My mother spoke kindly of me, giving me a sweet smile. "Hopefully she stays that way for today."
 "I will Mommy." I get up and run over, hugging my mother and then my father together. "I'll miss you."
 "We'll miss you too sweetheart." My dad said, ruffling up my hair.
A sweet smile built upon my face, a smile so sweet it matched my innocence. It was then that my father looked at my grandmother and gave her a smile, before walking out ot the room. Something about that smile, it seems harmless at the time.
But it's a lot worse than I thought.

I sat up against the door as my knees were held up against my chest.
"HOW COULD YOU?!" I listened to my mother scream.
"How could I?! As if you haven't been going behind my back either!"
"I haven't done shit behind your back! I wouldn't want anyone else but you, but you just fucked me over!" I can hear my dad scoff at her, in which just drives her up the wall even further. "Do you even see how horrible this is?! This is ruining our family!"
"As if you haven't been ruining the god damn family with how god damn controlling you are."
"If I wasn't fucking controlling then we wouldn't go anywhere! You don't take initiative for shit!"
"Initiative? I go to fucking work every day, I deal with dumbass idiots every single minute for every hour! All you do is stay home and take care of the kid."
"Yeah, because you haven't."
"I PAY FOR THE HOUSE, THE BILLS, I PRACTICALLY PAY FOR THAT LITTLE SHIT'S OXYGEN! Don't you DARE tell me that I haven't done shit for her!"
"You don't spend time with her, ever! She practically doesn't even know who you are!"
"Maybe that's because I'm working three fucking jobs to KEEP THE FUCKING HOUSE WHILE YOU SIT HERE BEING THE STAY AT HOME MOM, A WORTHLESS BITCH WHO DOESN'T DO JACK SHIT."
"IF RAISING A GOD DAMN CHILD ON MY OWN IS GONNA MAKE ME CONSIDERED WORTHLESS THEN I'M THE MOST FUCKING USELESS CUNT ON THIS PLANET. YOU GET FREE TIME, TO SPEND WITH YOUR FUCKING FRIENDS, I DON'T SEE YOU WANTING TO SPEND YOUR TIME WITH HER!"
It was then that I had heard a loud smack, and I felt my heart drop. It was silent, until I heard my mother hurry away from him. I felt my eyes bubble up with tears, and I just wished for it to go away.
I wish it never happened.

I sat in the living room as my Mother took her pills, in which as she sat the bottle down, it read Anti-Depressants.
"What does Auntee- Depressaynts mean?"
"Anti-Depressants." My mother laughed a little. "It's supposed to make me feel better, when I'm sad.. But only when I can't stop being sad."
"Why can't you stop being sad? Is it because daddy is kissing another lady?"
My mother stared at me, a bit of shock in her eyes, before she turns away from me. Of course my father never did a thing in front of me, but I overheard everything.
"..Yeah." She says, and she turns the bottle a little, looking it over. "Don't touch my pills, alright? They're dangerous to people your age."
"Like knives, and scissors." I nod, and I walk over, taking her hand in my small one. "Wanna play? That's what I do when I feel sad. My dollies make me not sad."
She looks at my face, this feeling of hopelessness in her eyes, but she smiles. "Of course, darling.. I'd love to."
I wish I could've done more than just play with toys. I wish I was more aware.
Or more so I just wish I was old enough to understand.