Day Fifty-Five

I walk around the house, using a duster to dust off the tables and the ceiling as I walk through the hall, looking at the pictures sitting on them from time to time. The pictures of my father are always sat down, and now I'm just putting them in a box to put in the basement. He hasn't even bothered to try to call me again after I left his wedding unannounced. I think he understands. Maybe eventually I should talk to him, but I don't want to. Not yet, anyways. I'm still not okay with it.
 But of course he's happy and I can't really force him to get out of a relationship he's so happy about.. A relationship he's apparently been anticipating for years. I frown, gripping my duster a little tightly before I set it down and I pick up my window cleaner, spraying the window and then wiping it down with a rag. 
 I listen to the squeaks, and as I stop, I look through the window, seeing a figure. I don't see my neighbor's house, no, I just see a figure standing in the pitch black dark, purple tux.
 "Hello, doll." I can hear his sing-song voice ring through my ears. "It's been a while since I've gotten to last see you."
 "..Who are you?" I ask, squinting my eyes as I lean a little closer to the glass.
 "Do you really not remember me, or are you simply playing dumb?.. You know you've always been much more attractive when you showed your smarts."
 I take a step back, glancing around my house, but it seemed like all the lights were turned off, and it was dark. I look forward, and there's no wall, no house, just pitch black darkness.. And a woman in front of me. She was facing away from me, and she was about my height.. Had my hair color too. That's when I realized.
 "..Mom?" I ask, my eyes widening. "Mom." I walk over, and I reach forwards, putting my hand on her shoulder, and for a moment, she didn't move. 
 There wasn't a tense muscle in her body. Like it was a corpse, standing there so simply.. A corpse. I take a few steps back, staring at her. 
 "..Don't mess with me like this!" I yell looking up as if I was talking to some sort of God. "I didn't do jack shit! I know that!"
 "No, you didn't.. But you have to suffer the consequences, don't you?" The sing-song toned voice spoke to me. "You always do.."
 I turn around swiftly and she's standing right behind me, causing me to scream as the scent of rot and blood hit my nose all at once, her face coming undone with gaping holes all over her sunken cheeks. I fall backwards, crawling back as fast as I can. Her body twists and turns, popping bones and cracking them all at once until her body was distorted to a whole 180 degree turn. Her torso flops back, her hands touching the ground and supporting herself on all fours like a horror movie character.
 She comes at me, full speed which was unbelievably quick, and I scream once again, her face directly in front of mine. I wished the tears in my eyes would blur the image at least a little, but with my eyes so wide and my inability to shut them made everything so much worse.
 She was breathing in my face, blowing her hot, sticky and disgusting air directly against my skin, flaps of her own melting skin coming off as well. I could see her dead, cold and glossy eyes staring directly into mine. She opens her mouth a little, bugs crawling out as her body seems to shake and writhe, until a mouse pokes its head out from her throat.
 Before anything else happened, I'm grabbed by the shoulders and pulled away, screaming loudly. I feel a body up against mine and I'm being held so tightly that I can hardly breathe. I know who it is, and their aura. But I can't seem to calm down, staring at the being that I was just dragged away from until he covers my eyes.
 "̷̞͙̓W̵̦̉̓H̵̭̝͋̌Ä̵̮̂T̶͉̘͆͒ ̶̧͠T̷̠̳̺̅Ḧ̸̨͔Ë̸̱́ ̵̨̲̓̈F̶̰̳̽̎̒U̸̳͒̇C̸̡̻̃̂͐͜K̷̠͂̈́ ̷̻̋͐I̴͓̞͌Ṡ̸̬͙͘ ̷̛̩̠̀̄W̴̥͆Ŕ̷̹͈ͅO̸̻̒̈̏N̸͍͓͐̑͝G̶̱͈̑̏ ̶͓̋̾W̵̠̫̽I̷̩̱̎̑T̴͎͊͐̍͜ͅH̴̗͑̂ ̷͚̹̋̒Y̵͍̏̏̽͜Ǒ̸̧̧͖͒U̵͍͂?̷͔̈́̊̈́!̵͍͎́̑"̵̪͈̣̐̀ ̵̊ I heard him scream so loud that it began to hurt my ears worse than the ringing that was erupting from his presence. "̴̯̫͗͘J̴̢̫͂Ǘ̸͉̗͌̀S̶͕̬͖͊T̵̗̐̀͆ ̶͔̈́̈́Ļ̵̜̫͝Ë̴̛͇́̓Ą̸͈͊V̴̭͕́͜Ȇ̶̡̱͠͝ ̶̣̃Ḥ̸͔̽̏̂Ȅ̸̡͚̲͝R̷̟͒̕ ̶̖̻̆Á̷̯̖L̷̢̹͝O̵̧̩̻͆̀N̵̜͗Ė̷̬̓!̴͉͒̃"̴͕̌͗͝ ̶̟̇́
 All that did was make him laugh. Suddenly, I feel Dark's hands on my face, and I open my eyes, not realizing I had them closed. At first, he seemed so pissed, surrounded in red aura, like he was about to crush me. Then, it turns blue, his eyes becoming softer and more so concerned. Of course he still seemed mad, but he was focusing on me. The red was still in him, though. 
 "I'm going to.." He grits his teeth for a moment, trying to hold his tongue, before he lets out a shaky breath. "Just look at me, okay darling? I'm here. No one is ever going to F̸̖͔̋̌͐U̵̖͂́C̸̞̳̀Ḱ̷̡̟̝I̷̟̗͚͌͠N̴̠̂̒̈́Ǵ̸͎͛͠ hurt you again, okay?" I winced a little at his cuss. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He leans forward and he presses his forehead against mine, in which I close my eyes. "Just breathe, sweetheart.. Breathe."
 I take a deep breath, grabbing at his tux and gripping tightly as one of his arms cradle me from behind and hold onto me tightly. I sit there for what feels like eternity, trying to calm down, as his ringing seems to fade away. Eventually, however, everything becomes unbelievably quiet, and I open my eyes.. But I can't.
 "D-Dark--" He shushes me softly, his thumb pressing against my lips, but I'm becoming numb. 
 "It's okay.. I'm taking you away, darling.. Just.."

 "Go back to sleep."