Day Eleven

I lay in bed at night, the nightlight I bought not too long ago illuminates the room. I can't sleep, something's keeping me up and I'm not entirely sure what holds me in place. I furrowed my brows angrily at the fact, and I take out my phone.
 3:35 am
 I groaned, and I open my phone. For a moment I wanted to look at the internet, but that was when I remembered Damien. I don't want to seem clingy, since we just talked like six hours ago. But I'm bored, and I know it might not hurt. 

"..Hey, are you awake?"

Damien's POV

 I pour the whole bag of dog food into my Chica's bowl, their threatening red eyes glaring at me throughout the whole time. I furrow my brows.
 "Don't look at me like that." I growl. "I remembered this time."
 "..Good."
 They step over, their paws hitting the ground makes echoes throughout the void we stand in. She sloppily takes bites of her food, and I take a couple steps back. It was then that the phone I got recently buzzed, reminding me of how old it is.
 I couldn't have known that the newest tech was touch screen. If I knew that, I would've attempted to get one of those.. How idiotic of me to not realize sooner. I take it out and I read her message.

"Hey, are you awake?"

I stare for a moment, before I take both of my hands and I tap on the T-9 set buttons to respond.

"Yeah, what are you doing up this late?"

I don't know what I'm doing, honestly. I shouldn't be trying to help her as much as I am, but I feel so.. Obligated. Not like I don't want to, I want to. That's the problem.
 This must be his affects. He's pushing these upon me to try to hold me back from going off the script.. But he can't stop me, and he won't. The hero is not going to get a happy ending here. I swear it.
 He will pay for what he's done.

"Oh thank god. I'm sorry if I woke you up or anything, I just can't fall asleep. I feel like I'm about to die of boredom."

"Lol don't overreact so much darling. You'll be fine.. What do you suppose keeps you up?"

"I honestly don't know.. I just can't sleep. Do you think I had too mach caffeine? Or sugar??"

"Possibly sugar. Your dessert had been pretty strong in sugar."

"I hate myself for that. I knew I would."

"You'll forgive yourself eventually."

"I know."

I can't help but smile. It's not natural, and I know I'm not supposed to. I'm not allowed to by my own rules, actually. But I truly cannot help it. I have already found an attachment to the girl and I completely understand why.. It just fills me with rage that he would take her soul and tear it into so many pieces, and then have her forget her memories. But then again, he had done it to all who had left the mansion whilst the transformation was in process.
It was then that my smiles fades away just thinking about that monster. I glance over at the guest that I have in my void with me today, and I stare off in their direction for a moment.. He made me do this. He wanted a bad guy.
 Now he's got one.

"(Y/N), how about you tell me something like.. If you had the chance to go to college, what would you go for?" 

 "I would've gone to be a Veterinarian.. You know how much I love animals."

Of course.. She always has.

"Honestly, that fits you. If you want, I can help you."

"No, that's sweet of you and all Damien, but I really can't bother you with the dreams that I should handle on my own. Thank you though, for suggesting it."

"I'm serious, (Y/N). I could help you reach that. You just have to let me help you.. Trust me, it'd be no problem for me. I don't have any dreams to achieve, I'd preferably do what I can to help someone who deserves it."

"Please, Damien. You gotta stop with all the flattering stuff. But I seriously cannot take your help. All that you've done is good enough."

"What have I done to help you so far?"

"You helped me get out of the house. That's for sure.. I never do that voluntarily."

"Well, You're welcome. But I still do not think that I've done enough."

"Why do you want to help me so bad? I don't remember doing anything for you personally."

"You've.. Helped me in a time where things felt dark, is all. I'll help you with your consent, but I can wait for the time being."

"Which I will not let you help me at all, because I don't want you to help me. I wanna do the thing myself."

"Sure.. You should try to get to bed, (Y/N). I can tell you're becoming tired."

"Now how can you tell that?"

"You're responding in longer amounts of time."

"Oh.. Right."

"Okay, I'll talk to you whenever I can Damien.. You have a wonderful night."

"You too, (Y/N). Sweet dreams."

I sigh through my nose and I close the phone, putting it into my back pocket. Time was moving so oddly here, I'm shocked that I was able to send anything to her. I look at the bowl and notice it's already empty, and the beast had already made their way far from me. That was when I heard someone enter the void, and I turn my head in that direction.

I swear, that glitch had entered this place without my permission one too many times..