Day Fifty-Six

I open my eyes, feeling a calm serenity over my body, and soon I find myself in my own bedroom. I look around, noticing everything had already been cleaned, and I sat up slowly, looking at the doorway. What happened yesterday felt like a dream, but I know it happened. The image was still in my mind, clawing away at my sanity.
 I step off the bed, and I walk into the kitchen where I assumed he'd be, and as I expected, he was. He was making me breakfast as he tends to, and he turns to me.
 "..Good morning darling." He says in a hush tone. "Sit down, you seem tired."

In which I am, but I am very well rested though. I sit down at the dining table, rubbing the sleepy from my eyes and he set the plate of food down in front of me. He wasn't even done with it a few seconds ago, but I don't question the works of time.
 "Thank you." I say, then watching him sit down across from me with his own plate, but with a much smaller portion of whatever I have. "Can we talk about what happened yesterday?" I ask, and he simply takes a bite of his food.
 "It won't happen again." He says, glancing at me with his eyes and then looking back down at his good, in which I frown. 
 "..Dark.."
 "..How about we go on a date today?" He asks, raising his brows. "Later tonight?"
 "Sure." I shrug, letting him disrupt the topic that I was originally trying to initiate. It seemed important to him that we don't say anything about it.
 Eventually I'll figure out why though. 
 "Where do you wanna go?" He asks me.
 "I dunno, how about.." I pause, and then I look at him. "You have this ability to warp around time, right?"
 "Yeah, of course I do.."
 "..What year do you come from?"
 Dark stares at me for a second, before he looks down. "..You wanna go to one of the restaurants from where I come from." 
 "Yup and you just admitted to me that you're super old."
 He looks at me with a "really" look, and I can't help but laugh a little bit. 
"I'm not super old." He argues. "But from the age I come from, it was around the first time we came up with colored pictures."
 "Holy shit."
 "..I'm not human, age does not matter to me." He frowns a little and he just stuffs his face with food, in which I laugh, taking a bite of my own.
 "Can we visit Chica?" I ask after swallowing, and he nods.
 "Sure, we can.. We can go back to see her after the date too, if you'd like--"
 Yes. Oh shit I forgot to speak. "Yes."
 "..Alright." Dark smiles a little bit, and he turns his head back down to his meal.

 I run through the grass, hopping over a stump or two before I run to Chica who just looks at me casually. 
 "Hello." Chica says, and I hug her.
 "Hey bub." I say, and I let go of h
er soon enough. Dark is shook as hell. "Do you play fetch?"
 "I wouldn't suggest playing fetch with Chica--"
 "Yes."

 "Perfect."
 "(Y/N)."
 "Get me a STICK."
 Dark stares at me for a second, and he sighs, reaching down and picking up a stick that had formed just in the palm of his hand. He hands it to me, it being a thicc boio and a little heavy, but it seems to become weightless as I hold it. 
 "Youse ready?" I ask, looking at Chica who doesn't seem to respond, but I take it as a yes anyways. 
 I fuckin' yeet that stick and it goes about like fifteen yards away, Chica gets up instantly and runs for it, the dirt and grass under her claws and feet shooting upward into the air as she runs. I can't help but laugh, putting my hands together and watching as she runs back over. I put my arms out, and she drops the stick, a bit of slobber on it.
 "Gross." I laugh, and I look at her. "Wanna go again?" Her tail wags instead of simple nothingness and silence filling the sky, and I throw it once again. 
 As she bolts for it, I turn to Dark, who seems distracted following Chica. Then he looks back at me.
 "You're able to charm something that I have never been able to get into the heart of." Dark says. "I'm impressed."
 "Thank you." I say, putting my hands on my hips, and I look over. 
 Chica has become distracted with herself, rolling around in the grass and being what a dog would naturally be, happy. When she noticed I had, she got up, grabbed the stick and bolted back towards me. Instead, the stick comes back as two sticks, snapped in half.
 "We need a stronger stick." Chica looks at Dark. "GIVE US A STRONGER STICK."
 "Jesus." Dark frowns and He grabs a thiccer stick. "Here."
 I take the stick, and it is of course still weightless to me. I throw it across the field, it mostly floating away quickly as Chica chased it around. I squint my eyes and notice the stick is moving on its own.
 "Broom stick." Dark says. "She'll be entertained for hours."
 I laugh a little, turning to him. "Smart." 
 He looks at me and smiles, before he reaches over and takes my hand. "Now how about that date?"
 I nod a little bit, and I hold it tightly. "Take me away."