Chapter 27: Intrigue

Pentulla floated comfortably within the cushion of darkness as she felt warmth surrounding her.  She snuggled deeper.  If only she still did not dwell within the underworld, but frolicked freely where the Enon shined…  Then she remembered quite vividly her visitation to the dungeons.  But she could not remember how it had ended!

            A light hand then brushed her cheek, a gentle whisper coaxed her as she felt her body being adjusted against an incline.

            Pentulla felt herself smile as a soft moan escaped her lips.  Perhaps this was a sweet dream of Mikash?  If so, she shall indulge it as much as possible.         “Mikash,” she whispered softly, “You feel so wonderful.  Don’t ever leave me again, for my heart can not bear the pain anew.”

            “I will do my best to never leave you, I will vow an oath to protect you with my own life, my beautiful princess.”

            Pentulla lowered her brows with confusion.  Mikash had never called her princess.  She smiled anyway.  “Take me with you to your castle in the clouds.  Whisk me away from this dreadful place.  My poor spirit can not bear it any longer…”

            “I promise to whisk you away to the furthest and most deepest part of my lands.  There, we shall be merry and share ourselves forever and ever…”        Pentulla smiled again, snuggling beneath the soft and caressing fingers of her lover.

            “Open your eyes,” the voice soothed.

            “Open my eyes?  Yes,” she cooed, “That would be nice, that way I can look upon the beautiful facets of your face once more…”  Pentulla opened her eyes slowly at first, seeing only a bright ball of orange fire eclipsed by a dark shadow that hovered over her.

            She smiled again as she reached her hand upwards to stroke the familiar features she had come to love so dearly.  As her fingertips glided over his lips, she froze.  They were not the lips of her Mikash.  They were much fuller and seemed rather different…

            Her mind crashed back into reality as she breathed in sharply crawling backwards, away from the stranger, upon her feet and palms.  “Who are you?” she demanded angrily, feeling thoroughly foolish for her little dialogue with the rogue.

            “I am Crow from SunGold,” he spoke calmly and readily, his voice hoarse from being captivated beneath her charm.

            “Why have you come?” Pentulla demanded again, her brows lowering angrily over her livid eyes.

            Crow smiled gently as he rolled his head from side to side as to alleviate the cramps from his shoulders.  “I have come to rescue you.”

            “Liar,” she punched out, rising to her knees as her gaze dropped down the length of her.  To her alarm, her robe had slipped over both shoulders, barely held up by the tops of her breasts.

            “Why would you find that so hard to believe?”

            Pentulla refused to gaze into his face, something that she had not allowed herself to indulge in in the first place.

            “Look at me,” Crow entreated her gently.  He had found her rather fascinating.  She was as lovely as she was enchanting.  His impression of her sitting upon the small platform upon the sinewy arms of the goblins when he had first come upon her now was rather heightened by her current vivaciousness of attitude and actions.  He smiled.