Nineteen

The talent show try outs are after school. It starts at two-thirty all the way to three-thirty, so its going to be about one hour of try outs. And if we aren't done we can try out tomorrow but I want to get over with it so I will try out today. I go with Melissa and Armani, and Aaron comes along to watch me. I already know what Im going to do, and that is to sing. Im singing a song from Ariana Grande called "love me harder". I know I won't be able to sing as beautiful as she does but I will try. Melissa and Armani are going to do a dance that they have been practicing for a long time. Aaron thinks the talent show is stupid so he isn't going to try out. I listen to the music from Ariana Grande all day in my earbuds so I can memorize the lyrics. The person that comes in first place will win a five hundred cash prize.

•••

The day is over and we are in the gym waiting for the cheerleading team. They are going to be the judges for the talent show. We are all sitting in the gym bleachers, and to be honest I am really nervous right now. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors are trying out so its going to be a big competition. Not everyone get in, only about one-third of the people get in the talent show, and only one wins. I'm not thinking any negative things like, am I going to make a fool of myself or would my foot get tangled with the microphone cord because they could happen. Melissa, Armani and Aaron sit next to me in the bleachers, and my hands are shaking. I keep on staring at the cheerleading team with my hands shaking on my knees. When Aaron notices my nervous feeling escaping from my body he places a hand on top of my hands thats on my knee.

"Don't worry. You're going to slap the amazing in their face's." I give him a smile, but I'm still nervous. We're not a couple but he treats me like more then a friend. Its not like he is always touching me, and gives me those flirty eyes that looks like he has something in them. He is just really polite and sweet, and knows what to do to make me happy. I have only known him for about a couple of days, but I feel like I have already known him.

...Time passes and Im the last one. Aaron is the only one in the bleachers and Melissa is outside talking to Armani. He smiles at me when they call my name, and I'm not as nervous as I was before. Maybe its because its only me, Aaron and the cheerleaders in the gym. As I walk down I see Harry, Niall and Zayn in the other side of the door that leads to outside. I grab the microphone from one of the cheerleaders while still looking at them. I hold the microphone up to my face, and in that same second I see Harry grabbing some pills from Zayn. He then gets some other drugs from him, like weed and I think its also some cocaine. My heart drops and it reminds me of what happened to me years ago. I drop the microphone and I run towards him. I slam the door open, and I rip the things from his hands. I hide it in between my hands, and they all stare at me like if Im insane.

"What the hell are you doing with this?" I ask to Harry. He trues to take it from me, but I was too quick for him.

"Why do you even care. You don't care if I die today or tomorrow or in any other day." He grabs my wrist and he was quick and strong this time. He shoves it in his pocket, and starts walking away with Niall and Zayn following him.

"You don't know that." I whisper to myself. Yes I do hate Harry, but I would care if he dies. He turns around like if I told him that I loved him or something. He stares at me, and his green eyes take my breath away for a second.

"You don't care about me." He finally says after a long stare. I do care about Harry. I can't believe that Im saying those words in my head but its true, I do care about him. And it hurts me to see him putting drugs inside of him.

"I do care about you. And I don't want to see you killing yourself little by little with drugs." I look down to my feet and I hide my face with my hair. I feel like in any second one of them would start bursting into laughter and start cracking jokes about it.

"Ha. You care about Harry? Why waist your time when he doesn't give a shit about you." Zayn says, and I can feel my heart being cut in half by a blade.

"Haha. Look at her face. Welcome to reality Rose, a place where you finally found out that no one cares about you, or your past," Niall says. I start to break into tears, not because of what they said, but because I just remembered about my past.

I quickly go inside the gym and I close the door. When the gym door closes no one can go in from outside.

"Rose wait!" Harry words were the only one that I heard over the laughter of Zayn and Niall. While I'm running towards Aaron I wipe the tears that are falling down with my sleeve.

He grabs me into a hug and I start to let the rest of my tears get on his shirt. "Please take me out of hear." He doesn't ask anything he just grabs me by the hands and walks me away. The cheerleaders stare at me, and I know that they saw everything. Maybe thats why Aaron didn't ask me anything, because he already knows what happened. I ignore the flashbacks that start to appear in my head and I bite my bottom lip to hold the tears from forming.

•••

Aaron takes me home, and by now I have already calmed myself. I stare out of the passenger's window, because its raining outside. My forehead is leaned against the window, and my breathing is fogging part of it. We are inside the car in my driveway, and its not awkward at all.

"Are you okay? You know I'm here for you..."

"Im okay Aaron." I fire at him, and I swallow hard.

"Im sorry. Im just really mad, and sad right now." My mood is reflecting the hard rain that is pouring down outside. I stare at the raindrops that are rolling down, and I make a race in my head with them to pass time until the rain dies down.

"Rose I know this isn't a right time but I have to tell you something." I look over to him, but he doesn't look at me.

"When I saw you crying, I felt the pain too because I care a whole lot about you. Rose ever since I laid my eyes on you I felt like we were meant to be together..." Its like the same thing that happened with me in the coffee shop with Louis all over again. I put my hand on the door handle and I open the door.

"Ill talk to you later." I get out, and the rain hasn't dyed down yet. It feels like taking a shower but with your clothes on and no shampoo or body soap. I take my house key from my backpack and I quickly open the house door. I get in and I close the door. When I walk towards the kitchen my shoes squeak every step that I take. I grab a paper towel and I dry my arms and face. I was rude to Aaron, and I didn't even tell him thanks for driving me home. My mom isn't home today, and I though she would because she's pregnant. Melissa isn't home either, so I guess I'm having the house to myself for a while.