Chapter Six: To Start a New Life

A/N: Two chapter updates in one day?! Le gasp!!! Well, I thought that for you wonderful readers, you guys deserve two chapter updates. Especially while I was away for three days. How was my weekend, you may ask? Long and hot. *blushes* Stop thinking dirty, you guys!!! Lol!!!

"How are we going to explain to your father about Romeo, Escalus?" Asks Mercutio. He was starting to get worried about the sudden plan evolving in his cousin's head. He always knew about the unconditional love Escalus felt for Sofia, but never has he seen the tender hearted prince become so cold... so blood thirsty for revenge.

"Well, I am a Prince after all. Before I met the lovely Sofia Montague, you knew of my playboy ways." Escalus smiles proudly. "Remember back when many women claimed to be pregnant with my child, yet none of them were pregnant? Or I was never the father to begin with? I can stir up a lie to father."

Mercutio was nervous about the plan. He was worried that if the Capulets find out that he did not complete his mission in sending Romeo off to the farthest orphanage or killing him, Lord Alessandro Capulet will kill his entire family. He continues to look down on the marble floor and rubs his temples. He was scared shitless. He took several deep breaths until he came to a conclusion. Something that will protect his family from harm.

As he continued to worry, Romeo held his hand and gave him a big smile. "Mr. Mercutio, I want to thank you for sparing my life; for not taking me away from Verona." Mercutio suddenly felt his chest tightened. Despite the fact that he helped kill the Montagues, this small child before him still managed to forgive him and thank him. He wanted to do what is right, and he made the right decision to start off with this child.

"You're welcome, Romeo." Mercutio says to the child before talking to his cousin. "Escalus, if Lord Alessandro finds out about my betrayal, my family will get killed. My wife is with our third child and I need to protect them. So this will be the last you will see of me." Says Mercutio.

"Wait, where are you going?" Asks Escalus. He grabs his cousin's arm. It's been forever since he's seen the man and he couldn't believe that this will be, again, the last time he will see Mercutio.

"Somewhere far from here. Who knows? Spain? Russia? I don't know. As long as we are far away from the Capulets. Matteo thinks that I sent Romeo off to some orphanage out of Verona, while Lord Alessandro thinks that I have killed the child. They want to make sure that Romeo will not have access to everything that belongs to him; that he will be nothing more than just a street rat for the rest of his life, or to just die in the cold street with nothing in his belly. I honestly don't know what goes on in their fucked up minds. Just, please. Keep an eye on the boy because I know that with you, he will be safe and sound." Mercutio explains before giving Romeo one last look.

"Boy, I wanted to apologize for what I've done to your family. I know that you deserve more than an apology, and I hope that you will continue to move forward for the Montague name." He says before leaving the room.

Escalus stops his cousin at his place. "My dear cousin, you know I can help you protect your family. You don't have to hide."

"I appreciate your kind offer, Escalus, but this is for the best of my family. I know you understand. I got mixed up in the most notorious situation and it cost so much lives. I believe this is the best opportunity to start anew. For mi familia." Mercutio explains. He gave his cousin one last hug before leaving the mansion to get his family out of this God forsaken country.

Escalus sighs heavily and then looks at the boy. "I'm not sure where to start."

Romeo looks down on the ground while playing with his fingers. "Me too."

The Prince noticed the nervousness in the poor child. He smiles at him and grips his shoulder. "Don't worry. With you pretending to be my son, I assure you we will get the justice we deserve."

Romeo smiles back at the Prince with courage. "Yes. For my sister Sofia!" He cheers and fists the air making Escalus chuckle at the boy's sudden change of attitude. He knew that Romeo had fire in him. The same fire he sees in Sofia. He knew that raising Romeo as his own son is something that he will never regret, or so he thought.