Chapter Eight: It is Only the Beginning

A/N: I apologize for the late update. I hope you enjoy this one. I kind of like this chapter and I am quite proud of it :)

It had been twenty years since that supposedly wonderful day. Twenty years since he lost his entire clan in the blink of an eye. Twenty years since he plotted his revenge against the people that caused him great pain. He had been keeping a close eye on the Capulets. He watches their every move. Let it be the days they cheer and celebrate for their success, and the days they fought over nonsense. He did not miss a single day.

During those years he spent searching on how to get back at the Capulets, he had also been trained physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Flashback to Twenty Years

Dante follows Escalus to a big room he calls his training room. There were different weapons of any sorts from medieval uses of swords, and bows and arrows to modern day survival knives and guns.

"Why do you have all of these?" Dante asks.

"Because we have to train to protect ourselves no matter the cost. We are a part of the Royal Family and it is important that we fight to the death."

"But don't you have body guards to do that for you?"

Escalus grins at the child. "Yes, my son. But your body guards can only do so much. Think of it as... capture the flag. Your kingdom is the flag that the enemies want to take and/or destroy. You know, depending on the mood of their leader. There will be guards everywhere that will put their lives on the line for you to survive and for this kingdom to continue to exist, but once the enemy eradicates the guards, you will be the only one that is standing in their way of their precious flag.

For hundreds of years, the Kingdom of Verona trains their kings, queens, princes, and princesses to protect their kingdom at any cost. You are the last in line and when I say we have been trained, we are trained to the death.

And while you are training, my father and I will also teach you how to run the family business as well."

Dante gets caught by surprised. Family business? Maybe he is talking about the kingdom as well?

Escalus notices the boy's confusion and he laughs. "Despite us being rulers of this country, my great grandfather had always believed in stability if ever there comes a time when the kingdom will be taken from us. Or basically, if everything were to be taken from us. At least if ever that happens, the family business he has put up for his family will have them set for life even his great grandchildren and those who come after. My great grandfather opened the Tower of Verona."

Dante's eyes sparkled once he heard that. "You guys own the Tower of Verona?! Mama and papa would always take Sofia and I there during special occasions!"

Yes, the Tower of Verona is a five star hotel opened by the Royal Family. It became a very popular tourist destination throughout the years from wedding venues to a place where directors and actors come to do their script for an upcoming movie or TV series.

The food had always been Dante's favorite when he used to be Romeo Montague. The food was freshly made. Even the butter was made through the hard work and dedication of the farm workers and their animals. The food are not processed. As for the fruits and vegetables, they too come directly from the farms. That is what makes The Tower of Verona the best place to eat in the entire world as per Dante.