Chapter Fourteen: Red String of Fate

There was a small strand of sunlight that kissed Juliet's face. She was bothered by it. She wishes that the sun would just go back to sleep because that's what Juliet wanted as well: sleep.

When her mind started to wake up, she suddenly remembered what took place last night. She remembers how she was having a good time with the Prince only for it to end so suddenly, then to the time when she nearly killed Raena because she found out about her little secret.

After leaving the bar last night, that's when she decided to quit the Chambre and continue her miserable life as a Capulet. No matter how much she tries to run away from it, it would always come back to haunt her. Look at where it got her. It nearly killed someone just so that the stupid bitch can keep her secret.

The Prince would never want a woman like me. She tells herself. If the Prince found out what her family has been doing lately just to get back into the rich society, he would never want to pay attention to a woman like her.

Suddenly, Juliet sits up from her bed. She stares into her deep thoughts. Why should I care if the Prince likes me or not? Thinking started to give her a headache.

A light knock was made on her bedroom door. Thankfully, the knock distracted her from her thoughts. "C-come in!" She could hear some commotion happening outside of her room and she wondered what was going on.

Her bedroom door barges open and in comes her mother strutting her way towards her. Juliet rolls her eyes and groans as she noticed the thick makeup her mother wore and the new facelift her mother got. "Juliet. What are you still doing in bed?! Get your ass out of there now and get ready, or we will be late!"

Confused, Juliet asks, "Late for what, mother?"

It was Lady Capulet's turn to groan. "Are you forgetting that your grandfather Alessandro wants us to have breakfast with him?! My goodness, child! What am I to do with you?! Have I been cursed to birth such a forgetful child?!"

"Mother, I swear. You over react... a lot." She sasses her mom.

Lady Capulet shrieks at how disrespectful her own daughter has become. "You get yourself ready now, Juliet Capulet! Or I swear I'll..."

Juliet interrupts her mother's threat. "Or you'll what? And besides, why should we visit Papa Alessandro? He's going to die anyways."

When she least expects it, her cheek started to sting from the intense slap that was given to her. She thought it was from her mother, but it was from no other than her own father, Lord Capulet. The anger in his eyes was enough to make Juliet crawl in the corner and hide in fear. "Get ready, or we will all be late," were all the words the Lord Capulet said before leaving the room.

Nancy was behind Lady Capulet as she witnessed everything. Her hands placed on her mouth; her heart broke because she couldn't protect the poor child.

Lady Capulet smirks at her daughter. Her arms folded across her big chest, too bad they weren't real either. "If you listen, you wouldn't have received such a cruel punishment early in the morning." She tells her daughter before leaving her room like a skanky model.

"Juliet, my child?" Nancy says soothingly as she quickly approached her bed. Juliet remained silent as she was still stunned at the slap her father gave.

She still remained silent and slowly got out of her bed and into her wardrobe, finding the right clothing to wear. She came across a plain white sundress, pulls it out, and neatly places it on her bed that has now been fixed by Nancy.

Nancy stares at the poor child, but she didn't know what else to say to comfort her. Nancy tries to say something but couldn't because Juliet went straight to the bathroom and closed the door shut.