Chapter Twenty: Game of Love

Women are fascinating creatures. The things they do, and the things they say. Growing up, Romeo knew that not every woman could compare to an innocent like Sofia. She was innocent, yet just like any woman, she were very naive.

After the death of his sister, he had his fair share with women. And while growing up, he never knew that women could be such vile creatures. They only want one thing: money. He was sure that Juliet is the same. After all, the Capulet family is financially struggling. He knew that she needed security and the only person that can do that was Prince Dante.

But if Juliet is like any other women just as how he depicted her to be, why did Romeo suddenly feel captivated by Juliet? Was it the rumored beauty that spreads in the entire Verona? Was it her fierce attitude back in the bar? Or was it the spark you felt when you two first kissed? His conscious told him and sighed.

Dinner was perfect. It was just how he expected it to be.

The homemade lasagna the Prince made was enough to make him husband material to Juliet's liking. She was quite surprised that Prince Dante knew how to cook. He was a Prince after all.

She always wondered what Prince Dante saw in her. Was it because of her wealthy status? Her last name? Her bloodline? Yes, that may be it. But what more could her family have to offer now that they are on the verge of losing everything they worked hard for.

Juliet plays with her nearly finished lasagna as her thoughts pondered deep in the thought.

"Is there something wrong with the food?" The Prince asks nervously. Romeo always found himself an amazing cook. He was always complimented by the king himself that he was better off a chef than a Prince. Which of course was meant as a joke.

Juliet snaps from her thoughts. Her gaze landed on him. They are the same eyes she admired since their first encounter in church. "No. The food is very delicious. I'm actually quite surprised that my Prince knows how to cook." She smiles truthfully.

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I thought you didn't since you're quietly playing with your food."

"Oh. I apologize. It's just that... I have a few questions to ask." She says quietly.

The Prince grabs his wine glass to take a sip. His eyes never leaving Juliet. "And what is that?" He smiles curiously.

"How did you know that it was me back in the bar? I wore a mask that night and did not take it off. Not until..." she pauses.

"Until?"

She blushes. "You know..."

He grins knowingly of what she meant. "Yes, I've only seen you one time, but it isn't hard to forget those beautiful violet eyes and those fiery strawberry blonde hair. Although, it is not everyday you meet a sexy woman that wants to beat the shit out of the Prince."

Juliet's light skin turns red. She tries to speak, but no words came out of her lips. She was beyond embarrassed to the point where she wishes the ground would open up and swallow her whole. "I'm sorry."

"You apologize a lot." He bluntly says.

"I'm..."

"Stop." He raises his hand to cease her from speaking since he knew that Juliet was going to apologize to him. It was starting to annoy him. "You have nothing to apologize for. Although, I would like to know why you, a Capulet, decided to work at the bar? I mean, your family is wealthy. They can provide you anything, and if ever it was a job, wouldn't it be something like running the family business?"

Juliet pulls her hair behind her ear. Her fork still played with the lasagna. "I worked at the bar because it's fun."

Romeo's eyes widen at her response. "Fun?"

"Yes. I felt free expressing myself at the bar. I mean, it was hard to keep my double life a secret. Nobody in the bar knew that I was Juliet Capulet, and nobody at the mansion knew that I sneak out as Maria de Luca." She explained.

After a long silence, she continued. "Why did you want to court me, Dante?" She asks using his first name since she remembered what he said the last time. "Is it because of my family name? There are plenty other respectable families in Verona. Heck, even outside of the country, yet you chose me. A woman who rebels against her family and worked at a bar. Do you have a thing for rebels?" She teases at the last question.

The Prince raises a brow, amused of how blunt the woman was. "You're interesting. You're not like other women. I would give you all the money in the world, yet I know that you would deny everything. You're independent and you seem to know how to fight for yourself. Given the fact that I felt your throw knives that night."

Throw knives? Juliet's brows furrowed as she was confused until it hit her. "Oh my God. I totally forgot about that!" She slaps her forehead.

They both laughed and conversed throughout the night, enjoying the dinner that filled their bellies and wine that heated their bodies.

For the first time in forever, Romeo felt like he was himself again. He was happy. He was amazed with how a single woman, his enemy, made him feel this way.

After dinner, they made their way to the couch where they watched Criminal Minds on Netflix. "Spencer Reed is so hot." Juliet compliments.

The Prince looks at her. "How is he hot? If you're talking about hot, look at Derek Morgan. Now that's hot."

Juliet rolls her eyes. "Spencer has an amazing character development. He went from a weak nerd who was always being protected, to someone who now knows how to defend himself. He is a very, very sexy nerd." She points out.

Romeo felt like he can connect to Spencer. He started off as weak, but now here he is. He can kill if he must.

They remained silent during the entire episode until Juliet felt hot. She could feel Dante's breath tickling her ears. Goosebumps started to pop out of her skin. She was slowly running out of breath that she can no longer focus on the show. Her core began to ache for an unfamiliar want. She looks up at Dante who is now looking at her.

He places his hands on her cheek, slowly drawing her closer to his face. His lips touch hers.

The kiss started off as gentle. Their lips like a puzzle that was a perfect fit. He nibbles on her lower lip causing her to stifle a little moan. His manhood hardening at the sound of her erotic little voice.

Romeo pulls away, staring at the very violet eyes that can see through his soul. "You're so beautiful." He whispers.

Juliet blushes at his words and smiles.

Romeo knew that everything that is happening between them was just a little game of love, but why did have a sudden regret of his entire plan? He didn't know the answer to this question. All he knows is that he wanted to make mad passionate love with this women, and he was willing to make her his own.