Epilogue (02)

I suggest you play this video and put in on loop.. ><

For me, This song suits the situations in this chapter~

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

(Y/n) spent her days on the bed. I also refused to leave her side since that moment. I gave her all of my attention and love. Not wanting her to feel lonely in her last days. I threw jokes that I used to hate just to make her laugh. Play with her in the snow when it's winter, then cuddling to warm her up. Dance playfully while holding her weight on my arms, spinning around the room. She used to be the one that so excited about dancing together, but now she's just leaning against my chest with a smile.

It hurts to see her this way.

I'm aware that repeating this reality is just going to give me pain after a brief of happiness. All of this time, I keep telling myself that these brief happiness is enough and worth the pain that I will always endure in the end, but, how about her? She needs to feel the pain in that weak mortal body. I need to put an end to this. If I'm alive, she will keep reborn in the future and suffer the same pain.

For that reason, I called Shirogane. All of this time, I gave her my Tenseiga so she will seal me when I'm going berserk. However, this time I will give her my Bakusaiga instead and told her to end my life with that. Of course, my daughter is confused and disagree with the plan. "Your mother is the reason that I able to live until now. When she's gone, my soul will go along with her. Please, just promise me this one thing." My statement ended the conversation. Somehow I believe that she will understand soon.

It was spring. The sakura petals were falling from its tree. The sky was also nice. It was a good day for most people. But it was (y/n) last day. Her breath is now long and slow. No matter how hard I scream and cry for her name, she's no longer responding. Her sight went dull although she's still breathing. Her hand is no longer holding my hand back as I'm holding hers. I leaned closer to her ear. With my voice that started to trembles, I whispered. "See? I'm still holding your hand.. and now.. I'm not gonna let you walk through this alone.." Her breath stopped as I finished my words. "No.. NO NO NO!"

Anger filled my chest as my mind goes blank. Just as Inuyasha and Totosai said, I lost control of myself and went berserk. I turned into my true form at that moment, destroying my own house and everything near me. My daughter tried to stop me but I attacked her and made her paralyzed. The people of the village also tried to stop me, but I killed them. The village that used to be in peace, now on fire.

Inuyasha came after getting a call from my villager that went to his village. He fought me with his sword but it's no use. I was able to outwit over Inuyasha and pushed him to the corner. Right before I finished him off, Shirogane blocked my attack with Bakusaiga. Her white furisode now tainted in red.

With the help from my signature sword, Shirogane was able to balance my power. Based on her fighting style, She maneuvered as I taught her since she's small. When I saw the opportunity to give her a final blow, Inuyasha interfered and used his body as her shield. I saw his body fell on the hard grass. "Uncle!" Shirogane walked approached the dead half demon. She tried to wake him up but it's useless. Then she get back on her feet and glared at me with her burning golden orbs. "Father,I'm sorry.. I'm gonna end this here."

Her fighting style suddenly changed. In a split seconds, she's already outwitting me. Just in a few minutes, my Bakusaiga pierced through my back, stopping my movement. I turned back to my human form, still with the sword on my back. Blood were dripping heavily as I fell on my knees. "(Y/n).." I keep repeating her name as my body started to lose its control.

Shirogane came back to me, with my beautiful wife on her arms. "Daddy.. I'm sorry.. I-" She handed me the body while crying. With now my (Y/n) in my arms, I hugged her tightly. With all of the power that left in me, I tried to reach my daughter that now crying like a mess.