{The Question}

chapter 2|| Katherines POV 

I walked got of the car with a smile. I couldn't wait to see David, it was our two year anniversary. I didn't get him because I thought we could go to my place after work, and just have fun.

He hated when I came from work, he always saw Ambrose as a threat. I never got why. They were brothers for god sakes! Sure, he was good looking brother and could get any girl he ever wanted, but I had David and David and I have been together for what feels like forever. Well it's kinda true.

I smiled when I walked up to him, "Hey." I kissed him on the cheek and he pulled out a chair for me.

"So how's work right now?"

"I really don't want to talk about work. Everything has been a mess lately, and goodness. I'm normally the one who has to fix everything, because Ambrose doesn't want to. Your brother can be an asshole. So let's not talk about work, let's talk about today." 

"I second that! Well, the other office is doing great. Dad says that my side of the company is going great." He smiles. 

"That's great to hear." I lie. It was annoying to hear, because our side was going insane. Ambrose wasn't ok. I saw girls leaving his office on the daily. It was annoying, but at least Davids side was going well. 

He looks into my eyes, his green eyes glint in the light. Almost like Ambrose's. My eyes go wide. I just acted like I had a crush on Ambrose, this couldn't be good at all. 

"Well, happy anniversary!" He says while giving me a box, a velvet black box. Could this be the ring. Is he proposing?! I felt warmness go across my face.

"Open it, bashful." He laughed.

"I will." I smiled.

I opened the box and it was a silver band with rhinestones. In the ring it read promised. It's the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

"Do you like it?"

"Of course, can I put it on?" I asked.

"Yes, go for it."

He came over to me and took the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger. Tears blurred my vision. He kissed me and it was falling in love with him again.

"Now this is the real question." He said.

"Do you want to move in together?"

Moving into together, that's huge. He looked at me worriedly, "Do you have an answer."

"Well, how bout' we go home. I need a little persuading." I smirk.

He eyes go big and he smiles, our waiter walks over. "Can we have the check?" He blurts out.

I start laughing, "What about work, for the both of us." He asks.

"I'll just call Mia, she can tell Ambrose I'm not coming in. I've been recently promised!!" I cheer.

He kisses me again. We were interrupted by our waiter, "Here's your check." She smiles.

He pays and we both drive home. I smile like a fool the whole way home. We hold hands and listen to music, our favorite song comes on. We start singing along. We sound terrible, but no one cares. We're together and enjoying everything.

My phone starts buzzing, Ambrose.

"Turn it down." I say.

"Hello, this is Katherine." I say in my weird answering the phone voice.

David starts turning up the music, I swat at him.

"Why aren't you at work?" He barks.

"Didn't Mia tell you?" I ask nervously.

"What?! She left earlier." He lies.

David looks at me, I know what he's gonna do. For some terrible reason I allow him to yell it.

"We're recently promised!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. We start laughing and Ambrose takes in a breath, "What the hell does promised mean?" He barks, yet again.

"Sir, I'm taking the rest of the day off. You can accept me back on Monday." I smile.

"What--" I hang up on him.

"I'm not going to have a job on Monday." I laugh.

"He'll understand, I'm his brother anyway."

Brothers, they were brothers. I was always scared the reason, I got this job was because I dated his brother, or get fired. I guess I would never know.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ 

How did y'all like the chapter? Tell me!!