{Lorenzo}

Chapter 14|| Katherine's POV

With Kesley and Mia saying I would be fine to go to the party, I thought I should go.

So they pulled me out of my bed and got me into a dress that showed off all the right curves. It was one of my classic black dresses, that was tight around the waist and bust, but looser as you went down. Which was for comfort.

I chose my black stilettos because Valentina was so pretty when she wore them. I just wasn't sure how they would look on me. She was like a model, in all realness she was a model. Even after having one kid she kept up her look of being a legit queen.

Kesley and Mia did my makeup. It was full of laughter, stories, and food. No wine this time, no wine for awhile. Mia was worried about me and my 'addiction' she called it. Was it really an 'addiction'? I couldn't raise a family, have a life, or do anything with anyone because of what was happening. Only if I stopped and I got better, I would be able to have all the firsts I want.

Mia had so many of her own clothes at my house. So she got ready in half the time. She wanted to monitor me, making sure I didn't do anything I regret or pass out for that matter.

"Ok girls, look over here." Kesley said holding up her phone.

We smiled at the camera and laughed.

"O.M.G, I'm totally posting this!!" She smiled.

"Oh dear god." I grimace.

"It'll be fun, then everyone will see how much of a hottie you are." Mia smiled.

Our phone binged. There we were, smiling and laughing at the camera. Kesley captioned it: What legends!! Hotties going to an engagement party!! Have fun!

"Could you be any more embarrassing?" I laughed.

"Ok, you girls go before your late." She said, just like she was a mom. She'll be amazing.

Mia dragged me out of the house and went to her car.

------

When we got there I felt so underdressed. Everyone was wearing the prettiest most expensive stuff. Here I was needing alcohol to soothe the pain of not being rich enough. But I couldn't because of everything that happened today.

I settled for bubbly water. Drinking it every time I felt jealous. I wanted to see Ambrose, but I had no idea where he would be right now. Mia was nowhere to be found. She was probably somewhere with Tony, liplocking her night away.

So I had to walk around when a beautiful older woman came up to me.

"Hello dear." She said.

"Hello Mrs-?" I was lost, I didn't know who she was.

"Walsh. I'm Ambrose and David's mother." She smiled.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry I didn't know. I'm Katherine Moore. It's very nice to meet you." I held out my hand as she shook it.

"I'm sorry for the way my husband and David treated you, that just wasn't right. It's good that you stood up for yourself. Not a lot of people could do that." She smiled.

"Oh yeah. Do you know where I could find Ambrose?" I asked.

"You too are very cute together. Ya know?" She said. Looking at me straight in the eyes. "I'm sorry for bringing it up, but I wish it could be you too. I heard abou-"

There he was. The hottest man I've ever seen, holy shit. I felt warmness go across my face. He was wearing the nicest suit I've ever seen him wear. It was pretty basic but he could make the basic-est things, the nicest.