{In Love?}

Chapter 36|| Katherine's POV

After a week of being at the hospital, I was finally allowed to go home. They would've let home early, but Ambrose wasn't having it. But I got to spend extra time with him and my sister. My dad had stopped by through that week and talked to me about what was happening with Lucas. He was in jail and he was going to have his first hearing soon. I don't think I was ready for that.

I hadn't left my bed since I got home, it was really just a time for me to think. So much had happened and I didn't expect that to happen. No one knew it was happening, or at least that's what we thought.

I got out of bed.... Finally and took a shower. I let everything out, I hadn't realized I was holding in tears but there they were. Looking in the mirror I had a bump and it made me smile; Grant it, it was small but it gave me more hope.

I was starting to eat my breakfast when Kesley barged in my room smiling, "You finally showered!"

"I always shower, I don't know what your talking about." I did, I had stayed in that same spot for almost a week. I only got up to eat and drink.

"You have a visitor." She grinned.

"Okay? Tell them I'm not home."

She rolled her eyes, I wanted to say something rude like, if you keep rolling your eyes there going to roll off your face. But I'm too nice for that. I think.

"Too late bella she already let me in." He grinned.

"No thank you. Please leave. I'm not ready to deal with you." I blurted. Do I feel bad for snapping? Yes. Was I going to apologize? No.

"Common we're going." I put the pillow over my head and let the light leave my sight. I just can't deal with him right now. I have no patience for him.

"Don't be rude to him Kate." My dad budded in. All the sudden the door closed and I was alone with my dad, he sat down next to me with a cup of tea in his hands. Once he handed it to me, I blew on it because it was really hot before taking a sip. "Now I know you don't want to deal with him right now. But he is the father of your baby and he loves you even if you moved on from him." He pressed.

"I just don't get, he shows up out of nowhere. I'm nowhere ready for him, I'm over him?" I ask myself more than anyone else. My dad makes the 'tsk tsk' sound and looks over the brim of his glasses to me. "You see how you asked yourself? I remember when y'all decided to break up, you cried for days. You didn't think you were right for him, which came completely out of the blue."

He was right. My feelings we're getting the best of me, I just found out that I was pregnant and I was scared out of my mind. I still am. I don't want to be a bad parent. But everyone had told me I'm not going to be a bad parent. If anything everyone is more worried about Kesley.

"Give him a chance pumpkin, please." I looked into my dad's eyes and they looked glossy. "Please don't cry dad." I weakly smile.

"Here's the thing, I see the way he was looking at you in the hospital. Forget the hospital, everywhere you guys went. Y'all were so in love and I still think you are. Your just masking it. So go out with him, as friends, enjoy your time together." He smiled. I nodded my head, "I'll spend the day with him. Just for you though."

"Thank you pumpkin."

————

After leaving the house with him, he drove to a brunch restaurant. On the way there we chatted about work related things. I got to talk about baking and how well it's been treating me lately and he bickered about how his new PA can do nothing right. I kinda missed him complaining about random things.

When we made it to the restaurant the camera's had already beaten us there. "Damn it." He cursed. I smiled, I definitely didn't miss this. "What about the back way Mr.Walsh." I smirked. It was like a lightbulb went off in his head because he turned around and went through the back way.

When we made our way in someone had greeted us and took us to the back room which had been closed off from the remainder of the place. I was happy because that meant no prying eyes or photographers, that would be ready to sell our photos so the truth could be bent.

"I'm happy you actually agreed to come with me."

"It took some convincing from my dad, so if anything you should thank him." I took a sip of my water and silence filled the room. I didn't know what to talk about, what do you talk about with your ex who's also your baby daddy?

"Ambrose." I said.

"Katherine?" He asked.

"This might seem like it's coming out of nowhere. But when we were dating we never really talked about anything or lives. It's like we knew nothing about each other and we were just friends with benefits. Maybe just benefits." I Explained.

He looked at me like he was trying to read me. Read what was going on in my brain at this very second. "Why are you thinking like that? I know a lot about you!"

I thought of a basic question, "What's my favorite color?"

"Pink." Shit.

"What was my dogs name?"

"You didn't have one!"

He grabs my hand and looked me in the eye, "It looks like an excuse. I think you miss me." He smirks.

"I do not." I take a sip of my water and my heart does that flutter thing. You're over him.

"What's my favorite thing?" He asks.

"Your family." I whisper. He always talks about them, there's never been a time where I haven't heard about them. Some of them were bad memories and others were the brightest and happiest.

"Have I ever had a pet?"

"I don't think so." I whisper once again.

"You do know a lot about me."

You only asked two questions. The food arrived and I didnt realise how hungry I was until the french toast touched my fork. It melted in my mouth and it had to be the best thing I've ever tasted. Ambrose looked at me weird when I was eating, I just couldn't help but hold back my chuckle. "Sorry I'm hungry." He smiled at me and kept talking to me about what was going to happen next.

Not with us, but with his brother. I had missed his funeral when I was at home and I was mad at myself, I should've been there. But instead I was sobbing in my bed because pregnancy makes you emotional. I was surprised that Ambrose was okay, I hadn't seen him shed one tear over his brother.

All I knew was my brother was going to jail whether we liked it or not. I just don't get why my brother killed him, David did nothing to him. Except steal his wife away from him and break my heart. But that's besides the point, he should've lived with it. David just could've been known as a homewrecker instead of dead.

Driving home I felt everywhere I looked I saw my brother's face. Everywhere. I would look at a billboard and there he was, I would look in the car next to me and there he was. Even looking at Ambrose I saw him, but only for a second before I saw his handsome face again. Before I saw the man I fell in love with and not my brother.

I was still in love with Ambrose Walsh whether I liked it or not. I just didn't want to admit it.

-------

Here's a fun and fresh new chapter. I really hope you like it and I'm sorry if there's any mistakes, I just spit this out in a matter of an hour. I need sleep and food. 

Anywho, comment and vote! 

ILY