{In the Hospital}

Chapter 22|| Ambrose's POV

I heard talking from her room, nothing sounded too bad yet. Kesley pulled my arm.

"You know she's showing signs, right?"

I took in a breath, "That's what everyone has been telling me."

She looked at the tv, then to her phone, and back at me. "If she is, you're going to take care of her so she doesn't lose that baby."

"I'm well aware of this. I don't know why I'm letting a pregnant sixteen year old boss me around." I bark.

"Your an asshole. No wonder..." She trailed off into a completely different topic.

Then the doorbell rang and there was David. Kesley's David. She walked up to him. "Ready to go Kes?" He asked.

Oh lord in heaven. "You know Katherine will kill me if I let you out."

"Bye Ambrose." She smiled then closed the door.

I sat down and went through all my emails. I needed Katherine to book a meeting and get this one document to another company. It was early so I thought I could get back to the office. I got up, she wanted to talk to me about this whole thing. This whole pregnancy thing. Secretly, I was hoping she wasn't, we all knew I wasn't going to be a good father. I knew I would mess up and something shitty. I knew that I would miss all the firsts. Like Katherine said I was married to my job. She was right.

I walked to her room and knocked on the door, "I'm going to the office."

She lost color in her face. "Are you ok K?" I asked, scared out of mind.

"Um, yeah. Do you need me?"

"If you want to come you can, Liam can come too. If he wants too." I replied.

"Sure, I would love to see your office."

"Cool. I'll meet you guys there."

I left her house. I knew I wasn't in the right frame of mind for anything. So I did what I thought would be best. 

"Call Valentina." I said to my phone.

She answered. "Can you do me a favor and do something."

"Yeah, if it's nothing too bad."

I took in a breath, "Can you pick up a pregnancy test." I mumbled.

I heard her gasp, "Ambrose Marco Walsh!"

"Why did you use grandpa Marcos name. It's just a question and please say yes."

"You know why I said grandpa's name. There's one at my house. I'll drop it off."

-----

I walked into my office and there was Valentina waiting for me. I locked the door, "You know Katherine is going to think something out you locking the door."

"I'm with my sister."

She hands it to me I place it in the bathroom. "You know she's gonna get mad that you put that in the bathroom."

"Well because of you she's on edge. She wasn't able to focus today, at all. You scared her."

"She can't even have children." She said matter-of-factly

I took that to offense, "There could be a miracle." I responded at a loss for all words.

"Fine, when she's heartbroken don't come to me."

"What's wrong with you today?" I yelled.

"Nothing, I'm just mad that my brother is teaching my son things he doesn't need to know at such a young age." -She gave me the death glare and opened her mouth- "We all know your going to be a shitty father. You won't be able to do anything for her or the baby. You're gonna freak out at everything. You're married to your job and the first serious relationship you get into you get her knocked up." She yells.

"You don't know that." I whispered.

"Ya see, when you feel hurt you get quieter. I can see right through you." She yelled.

"Get out of my office."

"Your office, I'm pretty sure this belongs to the family."

"I'm pretty sure it says Ambrose Corp. The biggest here in New York. Where I'm monitored by the media like crazy. Where girls throw themselves at me. So I don't think it says Valentina Corp. So I suggest leaving, before you really get on my nerves." I yell.

"You stronzo."

I sit at my desk and start writing some email that needs to be sent. She stares me, "The door is in front of you."

She opens it and leaves. I'm such a coward.

I go to the cabinet and get out a glass of something strong. I get out a glass and drink it as fast as I can before Katherine arrives. I don't need her to see my drinking my problems away like what she did.

There was a knock on the door and I went back to my desk and started writing some more. "Come in."

There was Katherine, in her normal work clothes. Not my sweatshirt, god I wish she was wearing my sweatshirt.

"Ok, what do you need me to do?" She asked, she was back to her bubbly mood. Her smile was thing that kept me going.

"Isn't Liam here?" I ask.

"Yeah, but he went to go get food."

I got up and pulled her towards me. "I love you so much." I told her.

"Ambrose are you ok?"

I took in a breath, "I know you're going to hate me but, there's something in the bathroom for you."

Her smile went away, "Please we don't have to do this now." She pleaded with me, like death was coming.

"Please, for this once just do it. Because it will make us feel so much better. We can finally get this answer about you not feeling well and what Val said. It will take all the stress away. Just please, for once." It was settled, I've become soft and lost my bad-ass attitude. It was probably somewhere out that window I look at everyday thinking about the future and how scary its gonna be.

She kissed me quick and went into the bathroom. I sat down and got more of a drink. It burned going down my throat and it was all I needed right now.

I sat down with the glass and my phone rang. I answered it, "Hello?"

"Ambrose?" It was my mom.

"I know you don't want to hear about this at all. But Davids in the hospital."

"What do you mean, what happened?"

"His driver... he was being stupid... crashed the car. David is in critical condition."

Tears blurred my vision, "Ambrose!!" I heard from the bathroom.

"I'll be there soon."

"Sweetie your brother."

"Katherine is more important right now, she could be pregnant." And I hung up.

-----------

So how did we like today's chapter? 

So is she pregnant? 

Will Ambrose be ready if she is? 

Do you want anything special to happen? Tell me?