{Surprise}

Chapter 21|| Katherines POV

Everyone ate lunch silently, with me knowing Valentina secret, and with me thinking about what she said. I would say the same for you, it's throwing me for a loop.

I couldn't stand sitting at the table anymore. I stood up and walked upstairs, not caring what anyone thought. I rushed up to his room and went straight into the bathroom.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, I couldn't be pregnant. I just couldn't be, even if I was we've been more than careful.

"Katherine?" I heard a husky voice say.

"What do you need?" I yelled.

He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. "They left."

My eyes went wide, "Was it because of me?"

"No, something happened at Ben's workplace so they all had to leave." He whispered.

"That makes me feel better I guess."

He took in a breath, "What did she tell you?"

"You know she's pregnant, right?" I whispered.

"Yeah."

I took in breath, i started getting shaky once again. "So I said that she already had a pregnancy glow. Then she said, 'I would say the same.' It's been throwing me for a loop the whole entire day. It's still the beginning of the day."

The color from his cheeks went. The color from mine did too, "But I can't be. I just can't." I tried to reassure myself.

"You could."

Tears dropped down my face, "I wouldn't be ready for this. No one in my family would be ready for this."

Then my phone started ringing. Kesley

I wiped my tears away and smiled.

"There's someone at the house for you."

"Who?"

"They want to tell you in person."

I hung up and put on the sweatshirt and leggings again. Tears streaming down my face. "Do I have to take you home?"

"Yes. Someone is waiting for me."

I said while getting my bag again and walking away from him. "Katherine, what's up with you? You're scaring me."

My mind went crazy, "I'm scaring you. This whole entire thing is scaring me. So drive me home then we can talk about this whole 'pregnancy' thing." I yelled.

More tears streamed down my face, he kissed my head. "You know I love you right?" He said.

I kissed him back, "Yes, I do. I'm sorry."

"Your fine, know let's go see who this person is."

-------

I got out of the car and immediately saw the car that drove me everywhere in middle school and the beginning of my high school years. I ran up to my door and opened it and there was Liam.

"Liam!!" I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Kate." He smiled.

"Oh my god I missed you so much. I still can't believe that you left us, I was so mad and I fell down a spiral. A stupid spiral. I thought you loved our family, but know you're here. Where's your wife?" I asked.

"She left me. For another guy."

"Oh I'm so sorry L."

He took in another breath, "She said she got a new job here at one of your boyfriend's company."

"Ambrose's?" I asked, clearly puzzled.

"Who's Ambrose? I'm talking about David."

"Don't you dare tell me she cheated on you with him."

"She said it was someone at that company." He told me.

Ambrose sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me, while tears streamed down my face. "You didn't know?" Ambrose said.

"Know what. Who are you?"

"David's brother. He cheated on her." He said.

His eyes went wide and I ran to my room. I was acting like the teenager, in a way I was. Running away from my problems and making sure that no one suspected a thing. Which normally worked, but now I don't think it would.

Liam ran for me, "What's wrong with you?"

"Everything Liam. Don't think you know this, but I can't have children. But guess who's showing basically all the symptoms. Guess who was cheated on? Me. My own boyfriend cheated on me with your wife. I can't drink anymore either. Because everyone says I have a problem. So everything is wrong with me." I cried.

His eyes went wide once again. "Have you told our parents?"

"They were the first to find out about basically everything. So. Maybe you should go talk to them."

He took in a breath, "They would kill me if I told you this. But they're the reason I'm here. They told me to come talk to you and make sure you're ok. Once I left you went crazy in high school."

"Because you were my best friend, but you decided to leave with your whore of a wife."

"You can say that again."

I laughed. He was really the only person who could make me laugh when I was younger.

"What did you do in high school?" He asked.

"Um way too much. I might've slept with my teacher, then made my way into the case, then fell down the alcoholic route." I said.

"Boo, you whore."

I gave him the middle finger, as I always did.

"You're rude."

"I wonder where I got it from."

--------

So how do we feel about Liam? 

Is Katherine pregnant? Would Ambrose make a good father? 

I legit quote Mean Girls way to much in another story I'm working on, so be ready for that! 

Vote and Comment!!