{The Club}

Chapter 8|| Ambrose's POV 

I kissed her and didn't stop. Of course I did. Why did I do this. Because I was hung up on Katherine. That's when it happened. I kept kissing her when my sister came in.

"Get out of my brothers office now." She barked.

Amelia immediately ran out of the room.

"Put your shirt back on man whore."

"I am not a man whore, you know I hate being called that." I whined.

I sounded like a four year old, in all realness I was acting like a four year old. This is great, everything's fine.

"Ok, your poor PA walked in on you. At least give her the day off and you work on the stupid invitations."

"I can't do that." I say.

"And why's that?" She retorted.

"Because."

I knew what was coming next, because isn't an answer. Oh my god she acted like a mom. A total mom.

Then my mind goes back to something my sister said. Kathrine saw? Oh my god. This can't actually be happening.

"Listen I know you are crushing on Katherine and you better go make it up to her Ambrose." She requested.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

I walked out of my office and grabbed Kathrine Moore. I grabbed her like she grabbed my heart.

"Mr Walsh where are we going?" She was a little concerned.

She has every right to be, I'm kind of concerning sometimes.

"We are going to lunch." I tell her.

"But I already ate my lunch." She protested.

"Then you can watch me eat my lunch."

Kathrine shrugged.

I let go of her arm when we got to my car but didn't open her door, maybe because I wasn't feeling very gentlemanly. I definitely wasn't a gentleman, I just dragged her down to my car.

No wonder she doesn't like me.

"So is there a reason I'm here or did you feel bad because your fiancée left and you needed someone else to take her place?"

Kathrine has never been sarcastic with me before, why did she start?

"It's not like that." I grumble.

"Than do you want to explain why you shove your tongue down every girl's throat you come across? Even though you have an, obviously, very lovely fiancée?" She was being sarcastic again. Why was she being sarcastic.

I wanted to shoot her a death glare but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was tired.

"No smart response, Mr Walsh I think you are slipping." She faked a gasp.

"You realize I can fire you."

"You don't have any power over me anymore because I'm not sure if I even want to work for you anymore." She spits the words like poison.

That stops me dead in my tracks. She doesn't want to work for me. Why does that hurt me so much? Why does she have so much power over me?

"You hear that Mr Walsh. I don't think I want to work for you anymore." She continues to speak but I'm lost in a world of my mind.

"Don't leave." Is all I can muster.

"And why not?"

"Please don't."