{It could work}

Chapter 10|| Katherines POV 

Kesley came to my house and fell asleep in a second. I sat down on the couch and had a glass of wine, I was turning into an alcoholic these past weeks.

I sipped my wine and it was gone within and instant. Oh god. I decided it would be best to stop. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Valentina! Hey, what's up."

She walked in and sat on the couch, "Love, my brothers side of the company will die if your not helping him. He needs you more than you think. I know you hate his guts right now for whatever he did. But, love, give him another chance." She said.

"I can't he made me and my sister upset. I mean that." I said.

"This is all I'm going to say, nice job with the teasing." She laughed.

"Highlight of my fucking day." I laughed.

"Your going to miss him." She says.

"Yeah, I know." I blurted. When I heard those words come out of my mouth, my eyes went huge.

"He's outside. You know that right?"

"What do you mean." I said baffled. Why was he outside, this is why I can't do this. It's toxic and I was going to tell him the truth.

"He wanted me to come and talk you out quitting, now it's his turn."

"Kes!" I yelled.

She got up and left with Valentina. She needed to, I didn't want her witnessing whatever she was going to witness. Also she could get to see real children, and talk to someone who's actually been through that process.

Ambrose walked in, "Please just hear me out."

"You have five minutes."

He looked at me for a long time.

"Ok, I know you hate me right now. You have every right to hate me. But please come back to work, you're not thinking straight." He pleads.

"Not thinking straight?! You're the one who isn't thinking straight, saying that my sister should stop crying. She only has me right now, my parents are being total assholes about this whole pregnancy thing. That's why she came in crying. I didn't care that you had a meeting going on. She was my sister. You just thought that was smart." I yelled.

"You know what isn't smart, teasing me. I noticed what you've been wearing. You're lacking in professionalism."

"Like you know anything about that, having sex in your office. That's a really smart move. Anyone could walk in on you." - A tear escapes my eye- "I walked in on you. Right after that night we had together."

"Damn it Katherine, you don't get it."

"What do I not get?" I yell.

"Katherine, I... I... love you."

"How can you say that. You were kissing another girl. You're such a liar."

"Would a liar do this."

He grabs my face and looks into my eyes. He places his lips on mine its amazing. The kiss goes on and on forever, I love it. His lips move with this fierceness, like he really wants me. After a few minutes, he pulls away.

Why did he do that?!

"Do what?"

"Fuck, did I say that out loud?"

"What do you want me to kiss you again?"

"No... I mean yes. But we need to talk about this. You're going to be a married man. I'm your Personal assistant."