Chapter 7: Leonhart Strikes Again

"WHAT were you two thinking?! You're only 15!", Carla scolded angrily.

Eren and Mikasa sat on the couch in the living room, dressed again, and both looked very embarrassed still.

Mikasa had a very shameful look on her face, unable to look up from her lap.

"Mom, lay off, we're careful!", Eren snapped, still red.

"Don't use that tone with me! What if she were to get pregnant?! Then what?!", Carla demanded.

"Carla please, this isn't all Eren's fault. It was my idea too...and we're careful. You can check our dressers", Mikasa assured.

"Your dressers?", asked Carla.

"I have like 10 condoms hidden in them, and Mikasa takes birth control to be extra safe", Eren explained.

"Oh my god!", Carla paced angrily.

"We're sorry Carla...we just love each other", Mikasa apologized.

"Mikasa...", Carla sighed, she had trouble getting mad at Mikasa.

One could even admit she spoiled Mikasa a bit. She never played favorites between her son and Mikasa, but the truth was Carla wanted to have a daughter after having Eren.

Carla had a complicated delivery and almost died after having Eren, and so she could never have any other children.

She always saw Mikasa as a daughter in law since she knew how serious her son was about being with Mikasa.

To top it off, Carla always felt horrible for what Mikasa saw as a little girl, both her parents murdered.

"It's still irresponsible...", started Carla.

"Leave it dear", Grisha said then. "What?!", cried Carla.

"Come now, they are 15 years old. They're teenagers and as long as they are careful and it doesn't interfere with their studies, there isn't much we can do", explained Grisha.

"Are you insane?!", yelled Carla.

"We weren't much older then they were you know", Grisha reminded her then. Carla suddenly blushed.

"DAD! Seriously! Too much info! I do not need that image in my head!", yelled Eren.

"All right fine, but you both need to promise me you'll be careful! Understand?", Carla said firmly.

"We promise", Mikasa assured. "Don't worry, we'll be careful", Eren added.

At the school, despite it being late Armin stayed to do some schoolwork in the classroom.

He was in deep concentration when he suddenly heard the piano playing from the music room.

"Someone else is still here this late?", he asked, looking up.

It sounded really beautiful, whoever was playing it was very talented at it.

Curious, Armin put his books away in his bag and went to the music room.

When he slid the door open to the room, he saw it was Rubi playing it. 'Whoa...she's really good...', he thought as he watched her.

The music she played sounded very beautiful and gentle.

When she finished, Armin smiled. "You're amazing", he said. Rubi blinked, seeing him.

"Oh...I'm not that good", she blushed. "You are! That was great, do you practice late often?", Armin asked coming over.

"Sometimes...what about you? Why are you here this late?", Rubi asked. "I sometimes like to study here late", admitted Armin.

"It is nice and quiet here once school is out", Rubi agreed.