Chapter 9: Mikasa's Pregnancy

It was morning, Mikasa and Eren hurried downstairs to head to school.

"We're off!", said Eren hurrying through the kitchen, Carla was doing the dishes.

"Have a good day!", smiled Carla. Mikasa stopped to quickly get a drink of orange juice.

"Mikasa, honey", Carla caught Mikasa then.

"Yeah...?", Mikasa asked.

"Are you feeling okay?", Carla asked then. Her expression changed to worry.

"Of course, why?", Mikasa asked, She sweat dropped a bit, her heart racing. She had a nervous look on her face.

She should have known she couldn't fool Carla. She had been throwing up every morning for the passed 5 days.

She also realized her period was late, she was planning to take a pregnancy test today in school.

"Well, you've been sick for days sweetie, is it getting any better?", asked Carla softly.

"Y-Yeah, it's fine, I have to catch up with Eren", Mikasa hurried out then, catching up with him.

Carla looked worried.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?", Grisha asked then.

"You too...?", Carla turned to look at her husband, anxious.

"Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me..", replied Grisha.

Mikasa was quiet on the way to school. "Mikasa, for the last time, I really think you should let my dad check you, you've been sick for days now", Eren said worriedly.

Mikasa wasn't even listening, she kept trying to figure out how this happened. If it was happening. Eren and her were always careful.

Eren always wore a condom, so it made no sense. Mikasa then blinked, remembering something.

The last time they did it...Eren was out of condoms. But they...did it anyway since Mikasa was on the pill.

Mikasa's heart sunk then, she remembered reading there was a chance the pill could fail.

"Oi! Mikasa!", Eren yelled then, worriedly. Mikasa blinked, snapping out of it.

"Eren...?", she said. "What's wrong? You keep spacing out", asked Eren worriedly.

"It's nothing...", Mikasa lied.

"You are such a horrible liar...just tell me Mika", said Eren worriedly.

"Look, I said it's nothing Eren, don't worry", Mikasa assured. She then ran ahead, as they heard the school bell ring.

"Oi! Mikasa!", Eren yelled as he followed her.

When they arrived at school, Mikasa went to the girls bathroom before Eren could catch up with her.

She stood at the sink, after taking the test, waiting for it.

She held her breath, her heart racing, luckily no other girls were coming into the bathroom. She clutched the ends of the sink tightly, when she saw the Positive sign on the test then.

Mikasa's eyes grew wide in shock, and her heart skipped a beat. She froze, at first unsure how to react, in shock.

She had an expression of both shock and anxiousness. This was real. She was pregnant. Inside her...was her and Eren's child.

She then looked at herself in the mirror softly, both hands going to her stomach.

It had just sunk in...there was life growing inside of her, a helpless, innocent, delicate life.