Chapter 24: Welcome Back!!!

It was early in the morning, around 7 AM. Eren slept soundly in bed, as he groaned suddenly, hearing the alarm go off.

"Shut up...", he groaned tiredly, hitting the snooze button. His arm hung limply off the bed, knowing they had to get up.

Rubi was finally returning. After five long years, she was coming back home.

They had to pick her up at the airport at 10 AM. "Mikasa...baby, you awake...?", Eren turned over, and he then froze.

A smile reached his lips as he saw it. Mikasa was sleeping on her back, propped up on pillows. Laying gently over her swollen belly was Carly, who was fast asleep, her ear pressed to Mikasa's tummy.

Mikasa was 5 months pregnant now, and unlike with Carly, she hadn't gotten very big. With Carly, she had gotten very big, but not this time.

Carly was beyond excited about having a baby brother, they had found it it's a boy, and so she wanted to be a part of every little part of Mikasa's pregnancy.

She adored feeling Mikasa's tummy, and listening to it.

Eren sighed softly, smiling. His wife and daughter looked so peaceful, he didn't have the heart to wake them.

He glanced at the clock. They could make it if they didn't wake up until 8. He lay back down, drifting back to sleep.

About 10 minutes after Eren fell back asleep, Carly stirred. She opened her eyes, and extremely carefully got off her mom.

For a 5 year old, she was unusually mature.

Carly blinked cutely, seeing both her parents still fast asleep. She then got out of bed, and went downstairs.

She turned the TV on, but on low, Inside Out was on, and she then went into the kitchen.

Carly barely knew how to cook, but she was determined to make breakfast for her mom.

Back upstairs, Eren turned over, when he suddenly jumped hearing a loud crash from downstairs.

"What the?!", he looked around, Mikasa had slept right through the noise. For a moment Eren had forgotten about the noise entirely as he watched Mikasa worried.

During this pregnancy, she had been experiencing vivid nightmares. So she hasn't been getting near enough sleep.

Eren then hurried downstairs, to see what the noise was. He entered the kitchen, seeing Carly had knocked down a bowl.

"Carly?", asked Eren. "Sorry daddy", Carly apologized.

"What's going on princess? What are you doing?", asked Eren, as he started cleaning up the glass pieces.

"I was making breakfast for mommy", replied Carly simply. Eren looked at her softly.

"Sweetie...I'll tell you what, I'll help out", Eren smiled. "Okay!", Carly said excited.

"Okay, you can make her some cereal and toast, I'll make some bacon and eggs", Eren decided. "Okay daddy!", Carly grabbed a box of corn flakes and Eren got the milk out for her.

The two worked together, and placed the plate of bacon, eggs and toast on a tray along with the bowl of cereal and orange juice.

Eren smiled, as he put some flowers on it as well, and carried it up, Carly following.

"Get the door for my princess", Eren said. "Okay!", Carly opened the bedroom door for her father, as Eren entered.

Eren gently set the tray on the nightstand, as he sat on the edge of the bed, stroking Mikasa's hair.