Chapter 20: Halloween

"Armin, she's fine", Eren repeated for the last time. They were at the Tea shop, Levi gave Armin a part time job there as someone to clean the place.

Eren was promoted to being a waiter. He wore a black and white tuxedo with a black bowtie.

Armin was trying to call Rubi for the tenth time. It had only been 24 hours since she left.

"I just want to be sure she got there okay, planes always made me nervous", explained Armin.

"Armin, you're overreacting. For god's sake, she'll call you back you don't have to send her so many texts", Eren took his phone, and then gawked at it.

"Jesus christ Armin! Who's the woman in this relationship?!", asked Eren, seeing about 200 texts.

"You know that's sexist right?", frowned Armin.

"Oh come on, you know what I mean. Seriously, give her some space to get used to being there", said Eren, he put Armin's phone on the counter.

"Now leave it alone unless she calls you", he said firmly.

"Okay..I know you're right I'm just paranoid", admitted Armin.

Back at home, Mikasa gently placed a sleeping Carly into her baby swing. Mikasa gently switched it on to swing slowly, and she sighed in relief.

Carly was fighting sleep all day, not wanting to take her nap. It took Mikasa forever to get her to sleep.

Mikasa got up, and she went to clean the house, as quietly as possible.

The house was very nice and well furnished. The living room had carpet, and a long cozy brown couch, along with a light brown armchair. There were end tables with lamps, and a TV with a DVD player.

There was also a fireplace. The couch and chair faced the TV, which was set right in front of the side of the staircase. The fireplace was on the side of the living room.

The kitchen was quite wide and spacy, so the table and chairs were placed in there. There were two bathrooms and four bedrooms.

Eren and Mikasa's room had a king sized bed, a dresser, a closet, end tables with lamps and several photos.

There were also photos on the wall downstairs. These photos included Eren and Mikasa while still in high school, Eren, Mikasa, Rubi and Armin in high school, Eren, Mikasa and Armin as kids, Eren and Mikasa in high school while she was pregnant.

There was also their wedding photo, the photo Rubi took the morning after Carly was born, dozens of pictures of Carly, and also a photo of Grisha and Carla, and one of Mikasa's parents.

Mikasa soon finished cleaning, she very quietly sat on the sofa, Carly asleep in the baby swing by it.

She didn't dare turn the TV on, so she decided to take a much needed nap.

After napping for about an hour, exhausted from a new baby, her phone vibrated. Mikasa blinked, lifting her head up.

She looked and saw a text from Rubi.

"Hey, I just got a chance to contact you guys. Armin sent me like 100 texts so I had to answer him first..how are you?"

Mikasa smiled, happy to hear from her best friend. She texted back.

"I'm okay, I just got Carly down for a nap. How is Scotland?"

She waited a minute, and got a text back.

"It's really beautiful, like I remembered it. I'll send you photos when I can"

Back at the Tea shop, Armin was ridiculously happy that Rubi finally contacted him.