Chapter 21: A Sibling

Eren, Mikasa and Carly sat in the waiting room of a dentist office. Mikasa had her arms crossed, frowning. Both Eren and Carly were holding their cheeks, both having severe tooth aches.

It was the day after Halloween. "I told you both not to eat all of it in one night", Mikasa scolded.

"But we didn't eat it ALL in one night!", Eren complained. "We only ate one whole box plus our trick or treat candy", he added.

"Yeah", added Carly painfully. "A whole box, Eren those boxes were bigger than Oscar!", Mikasa argued back, glaring.

"Are you mad at Auntie Rubi, mommy?", asked Carly then. Mikasa blinked, looking at her daughter. Her eyes softened.

"No of course not sweetie, its not her fault your father has no self control", Mikasa said, as she glared at Eren.

"Come on, give me a break", Eren whined.

"Momma, I'm scared! I don't want to see the dentist", Carly cried then.

"Honey, it's all right. He won't hurt you, the dentist will make your teeth feel better", Mikasa assured, she held Carly in her lap, and stroked her hair.

"But daddy says the dentist carries this huge drill", Carly said.

"Eren!", Mikasa hissed angrily. "What?", groaned Eren.

"What are you doing, telling her scary stuff like that?!", asked Mikasa.

"But it's true Mika! I'm not gonna lie to her!", Eren defended.

"Look just because you were a hell spawn in the dentist doesn't mean our daughter has to be", Mikasa frowned.

"I wasn't a hell spawn!", Eren argued back. "Carly and Eren Jaeger", a nurse called then.

Eren froze, scared while Carly clung to Mikasa.

"Nooo, I'm not going in! I'm scared mommy!", cried Carly.

"Okay, okay...is it all right if I come in with her?", asked Mikasa as she lifted Carly up.

"Of course", the nurse assured kindly.

"What about me Mika?", asked Eren.

"Eren, you're my husband, not my second child. Quit being a baby and get back there", Mikasa shoved him as they went back.

Eren groaned miserably.

"So you got a tooth ache, honey?", asked the dentist, as Mikasa helped Carly into the dentist chair. Carly looked around the room, her eyes full of fear.

She saw the all the tools. "She ate too much Halloween candy", Mikasa explained, as she held Carly's hand.

"Ah, I see. Not the first Halloween patient today", the dentist smiled.

"Will this hurt...?", asked Carly, scared. "Of course not, honey", the dentist assured her. Carly whimpered, not convinced.

"It's okay, baby. I'm right here. It's really not bad", Mikasa assured her. Carly whimpered more, clutching her mom's hand.

When the appointments were finally over, Carly came out clutching her mouth, looking miserable.

"See? It wasn't so bad sweetheart", Mikasa soothed.

"Yes it was...", Carly whimpered. She had 4 cavities that all needed fillings.

Eren came out, looking just as miserable. "How'd you do?", Mikasa asked.

"I need to come back for a second appointment...I had ten", Eren replied.

"TEN?! Eren!", Mikasa cried, gawking at him.