Chapter 1: Prologue

Prologue

Mikasa walked down the street with her parents. She held her mother's hand nervously. They had just moved to a new country.

Mikasa was nearly 9 years old, and very shy. She didn't speak a lot of English yet, so she had a hard time making friends.

She only knew her native language, Japanese.

As they walked down the crowded street, they suddenly saw a family walking up to them.

"Ah, doctor Jaeger!", said Mikasa's father.

"Mr. Ackerman, how are you? Settled into the new home nice?", asked the doctor. "Yes, it's very lovely", replied Mikasa's mother.

"We're so glad", smiled the doctor's wife. Mikasa hid behind her mom, peeking at the boy.

He was her age, and had brown hair and green eyes, wearing a red scarf. He was looking back at her, curiously.

"Oh, of course, this is our son Eren", introduced the doctor. "Why hello Eren", smiled Mikasa's father.

"Hi", Eren said softly.

He kept looking at Mikasa. "This is our daughter Mikasa, she doesn't speak English very well yet", explained Mrs. Ackerman.

"That's okay", Eren assured then. Mikasa watched him, not having the slightest clue what they were all saying.

Eren walked over then. Mikasa let out a small squeak, nervous as she hid more.

"Ima Mikasa-chan, reigi tadashiku", her mother told her in Japanese, which meant to be polite.

"H-Hai...", Mikasa nervously nodded, as she came out from behind her mother, facing Eren.

Eren blushed, she was really cute. "H-Hello...", Mikasa squeaked out, one of the few English words she knew.

Eren smiled then. "Konnichiwa, watashi wa Eren-san", he spoke clear Japanese then. Mikasa blinked, her eyes wide in surprise.

"Your son speaks Japanese?!", asked Mr. Ackerman, impressed.

"We made him take some foreign language classes", replied Mrs. Jaeger smiling.

"See Eren? We told you they would come in handy", she said. "Okay you were right", Eren admitted.

"Eren...", Mikasa repeated his name, amazed. Her accent was still very strong.

Eren smiled, this meeting would be the very beginning. Of a long relationship.

End of Prologue

It was early in the morning, as three alarm clocks went off in three different houses. Mikasa groaned a little bit, but she turned her cat shaped alarm clock off.

She yawned, sitting up. Her bed had a light blue bed sheets and quilt, and she had some stuffed animals on her bed.

A plush black cat, a plush white tiger, a doll from a magical girl anime, a teddy bear, and also a plush penguin she got from a zoo.

She also had a desk and pink laptop, along with a shelf of lots of books. They were all thick, some were complex study books, and others were novels.

She had only a few manga books and some DVDs. She had a calender, and a pink lamp. And on her dresser, were three photos.

One was of herself, Eren, and Armin. They were in a large group hug, with Eren in the middle.

The other was of just Eren, looking embarrassed. And the last was of Eren and Mikasa.