Chapter 15: Mommy Mikasa

It was early in the morning, the sun shined through the window. It was like last night's rainstorm never happened.

Like the world had been reborn.

Eren could hear the sounds of birds singing and the cicadas outside, the room was quite lit up from the sun.

He was sitting Mikasa's bedside. Mikasa was sound asleep still, exhausted. She breathed softly, as she lay on her side. It was about 7 AM.

Eren stroked her hair softly, he couldn't bring himself to take his eyes off of her. He just couldn't believe it.

They were parents...they had a daughter. A very healthy, very beautiful baby girl. Eren gazed over at the bassinet, to see Carly was fast asleep too.

Just then there was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in", Eren softly said, not wanting to wake Mikasa or the baby.

The door opened, Grisha standing there.

"Eren..I'm so sorry...I was slammed with emergencies at the hospital..", he said, he walked over quietly.

"It's all right", Eren assured. Grisha then gazed down at little Carly. His eyes softened.

"She's gorgeous...", he mused. "She's very alert too", Eren said softly.

"That's wonderful...how's Mikasa?", asked Grisha concerned.

"She's weak, which is expected. But dad..she was incredible. She worked so hard...", Eren said, still amazed.

"I see..I'm glad their both okay", Grisha said softly.

"It's been a long time since I've seen her sleep so soundly..", admitted Eren.

"You're right...the last time was the first few nights she spent with us after her parents died", agreed Grisha softly.

"Seeing her sleep this sound...it puts me at ease", Eren mused softly.

"Eren...I'm proud of you son", said Grisha then. Eren looked up at him.

"You're still so young, yet you took responsibility. You got a job, and you've been beyond good to Mikasa...I know you will be a great father", said Grisha, he smiled kindly.

Eren looked at his father, touched by his words. He smiled softly, nodding.

A little bit later, after Grisha returned downstairs, giving the new family quiet time, Mikasa stirred.

She groaned slightly, her ribs felt sore still from the severe strain and she still felt very tired.

But she opened her eyes. "E-Eren...?", she asked sleepily, her vision a bit blurry at first.

"Hey mommy", Eren said sweetly, his sweetness woke her up more. Her vision cleared, seeing him beside her.

Mikasa smiled tiredly, she sat up then. "Easy baby, you're still sore", Eren fussed worriedly, helping her.

Mikasa gazed over then at Carly, who was still asleep. Eren smiled, knowing. He gently held Carly's sleeping form, as he brought her over.

Mikasa eagerly held her arms out, and gently held the baby.

"I can't believe she's finally here..", Mikasa mused softly. Carly was dressed in warm, pink feet pajamas, and wrapped in a pink blanket.

"I know...it was a long road, but we finally made it", Eren said softly as he sat beside Mikasa.

"I'm so glad..she's healthy. I spent all those months..terrified. Terrified something would happen to her..", Mikasa admitted then.

Eren looked at her worried.