Chapter 19: Wedding

It was October, colorful leaves fell from the trees as a group of students stood outside the school.

"It gives me great honor and pride to graduate each and every one of you", the principal said smiling.

Mikasa stood beside Eren, the two held hands. Beside them stood Rubi, Armin, Jean, Marco, Sasha, Connie, Krista, Ymir and the rest.

Many parents were seated watching, Grisha and Carla watched proudly, Carla holding little Carly.

James and Flora were there too, along with Armin's grandfather.

"Where you go from here is your choice, some of you have already made that choice", the principal said.

"But no matter if you go on to start a family, or go on to college like Rubi, or any other dream..I'm proud to graduate you all, and wish you all the best futures", smiled the principal.

One by one, each student was given their graduation scroll.

"Eren Jaeger", the principal called. Eren went over, as he took the scroll. "May not be with honors, but you made it son", teased the principal.

"Yeah, yeah", Eren chuckled as his parents clapped, Mikasa smiled clapping for him too.

"Next, Mikasa Ackerman", the principal said. Mikasa came up next, she took the scroll.

"Congratulations, you've graduated with honors. With this scroll you're opened to a large wage of careers, did you decide what you want to be? You got many choices", asked the principal curiously.

"Yes I have ma'am, I know there's a lot of career opportunities for me out there. But...to tell the truth, I don't want any of them. I just want to just be a good mother, and a good wife", Mikasa looked at Eren as she said this.

He blushed, smiling.

"Well, it sounds to me like you got a very nice life ahead then. You really impressed me Mikasa, despite having a child young, you remained my best student. Congratulations on your wedding", the principal smiled.

"Thank you ma'am, you're invited by the way", Mikasa smiled.

She sat back down beside Eren, and gently took her baby from Carla, who was crying happily.

"I'm so proud of you both", she cried tearfully, as Grisha rubbed her back.

"Mom, come on, no one died!", Eren said, embarrassed as Mikasa rubbed noses with little Carly, who cooed happily.

"I know, but graduation is a big deal Eren", said Carla softly.

"Next...Armin Arlet", said the principal. Armin came up, taking the scroll.

"Graduating with honors, but you mentioned you're not going to college?", asked the principal curiously.

"That's right ma'am, I plan to write a novel", replied Armin. Eren and Mikasa clapped along with Rubi and the rest.

Armin's grandfather smiled proudly.

"Next, Rubi Zacri", the principal said then. Armin sat beside his grandfather and Eren. Rubi went up, taking the scroll.

"You've graduated with honors Rubi, what are you going to college for?", asked the principal curiously.

"It's a medical college in Scotland, it's to become a professional doctor", replied Rubi.

"That's a very incredible thing", the principal smiled. Armin clapped for Rubi, along with James, Flora, Mikasa and the rest.

"I can't believe she's grown up", said James sadly. "We should be proud", smiled Flora.